SuperT and Hayes 8" brake

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Giovanni®, Dec 5, 2003.

  1. Giovanni®

    Giovanni® Guest

    i have this setup on my bullit, marzocchi superT pro and hayes hydraulic 8" disc brakes. i'm facing
    big trouble as i'm not able to fix the caliper on the fork's leg. i put the wheel on the fork, the
    bike is upsidedown, than put the caliper on the disk and slightly tighten the bolts but there is
    some space between the forks leg and caliper's body, what do i have to do, do i have to use washers?
    there is no mechanic where i live and it is difficult to leave to fix this. can anyone help me?

    thanks

    Tags:

  2. "Giovanni®" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > i have this setup on my bullit, marzocchi superT pro and hayes hydraulic
    8"
    > disc brakes. i'm facing big trouble as i'm not able to fix the caliper on the fork's leg. i put
    > the wheel on the fork, the bike is upsidedown, than put the caliper on the disk and slightly
    > tighten the bolts but there is
    some
    > space between the forks leg and caliper's body, what do i have to do, do i have to use washers?
    > there is no mechanic where i live and it is difficult to leave to fix this. can anyone help me?
    >
    > thanks

    Yep just shim it out with spacers, a little bit of experimentation may be required.

    Steve.

  3. Giovanni

    Giovanni Guest

    > Yep just shim it out with spacers, a little bit of experimentation may be required.
    >
    > Steve.

    I just discovered the cause of the problem, the adapter they gave me with the brakes aren't the
    right one, they should have been 4,7mm thicker. I have to wait till next Tuesday to order a new one,
    meanwhile i'll try with spacers.

    thanks

  4. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Giovanni" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BBF69392.502C0%[email protected]...

    > > Yep just shim it out with spacers, a little bit of experimentation may
    be
    > > required.
    > >
    > > Steve.
    > >

    > I just discovered the cause of the problem, the adapter they gave me with the brakes aren't the
    > right one, they should have been 4,7mm thicker. I
    have
    > to wait till next Tuesday to order a new one, meanwhile i'll try with spacers.
    >
    > thanks

    Yeah I was gonna say. Mine just bolted right on, no problems. You're gonna really like that bike, I
    have the same setup.

    Mike

  5. Giovanni

    Giovanni Guest

    On 5-12-2003 22:19, in article [email protected], "Michael Dart" <[email protected]>
    ha scritto:

    > "Giovanni" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BBF69392.502C0%[email protected]...
    >>

    >>> Yep just shim it out with spacers, a little bit of experimentation may
    > be
    >>> required.
    >>>
    >>> Steve.
    >>>

    >> I just discovered the cause of the problem, the adapter they gave me with the brakes aren't the
    >> right one, they should have been 4,7mm thicker. I
    > have
    >> to wait till next Tuesday to order a new one, meanwhile i'll try with spacers.
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>

    > Yeah I was gonna say. Mine just bolted right on, no problems. You're gonna really like that bike,
    > I have the same setup.
    >
    > Mike

    Now i'm going little crazy about shifing setup, rear shifter doesn't wants to go on larger sprocket
    and seems that when going down the smaller, after the last is reached, the shifter has still one
    more shift to do... Now i go disassembly the cable again, repeat everything from the beginning and
    then go to front der (the chain touches a little when on bigger crown and the back of the bullit
    doesn't allows to work on the setting screws very easily...)

    thanks