General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Supper Tonight - Tortellini Salad

Started by Melba'S Jammin · · Last activity · 3 posts · 323 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 June 2004
Last activity
19 June 2004
Original author
Melba'S Jammin
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
323
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Bought a bag of the tortellinis at Sam's a couple days ago.
    I cooked some for a supper salad and now have this going:

    Cooked tortellinis About 4-6 oz smoked turkey breast (deli
    junk), in french-fry-like pieces Some red onion Some great
    tomatoes Some black fancyschmancy olives from Brianno's A
    couple fresh mushrooms, sliced in thick pieces About 1/4
    sweet red bell pepper, in short strips A coupla radishes,
    sliced Olive oil Balsamic vinegar Fresh basil Dried basil
    Dried oregano Freshly ground black pepper

    My question here is whether or not you have any opinions
    about the addition of some blanched asparagus (local farmers
    market is ramping up). I'm thinking also of adding some
    avocado pieces.

    So far, the samples taste pretty good.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sam I Am updated 5/30/04.
    Only 8 days until my birthday. "Shop early, shop often, shop
    big." Good gin and cheap chocolate preferred. Or is it cheap
    gin and good chocolate? I can never remember. . . .

  2. Sounds like a pretty decent salad you got going there....
    I'd pass on the blanched asparagus, just cause I can't stand
    it... maybe some grill asparagus would be in order.. and you
    really can't go wrong with some avocado if you've got some
    nice and ripe

    Bob "Melba's Jammin'" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:barbschaller-
    [email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Bought a bag of the tortellinis at Sam's a couple days
    ago. I cooked some for a supper salad and now have
    this going:

    Cooked tortellinis About 4-6 oz smoked turkey breast (deli
    junk), in french-fry-like pieces Some red onion Some great
    tomatoes Some black fancyschmancy olives from Brianno's A
    couple fresh mushrooms, sliced in thick pieces About 1/4
    sweet red bell pepper, in short strips A coupla radishes,
    sliced Olive oil Balsamic vinegar Fresh basil Dried basil
    Dried oregano Freshly ground black pepper

    My question here is whether or not you have any opinions
    about the addition of some blanched asparagus (local
    farmers market is ramping up). I'm thinking also of adding
    some avocado pieces.

    So far, the samples taste pretty good.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sam I Am updated
    5/30/04. Only 8 days until my birthday. "Shop early,
    shop often, shop big." Good gin and cheap chocolate
    preferred. Or is it cheap gin and good chocolate? I can
    never remember. . . .

  3. In article <wqoAc.792052$oR5.530366@pd7tw3no>, "Bob Westcott"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    It was good, Bob. Rob wasn't keen on the tortellini, though.
    I told him I saw him stuffing his right cheek -- just
    waiting for me to turn my back, no doubt. :-) I didn't do
    the asparagus in the salad; I cooked one bunch and may make
    soup -- if I don't just nibble them gone. I LOVE asparagus.

    Quoted message said:

    Sounds like a pretty decent salad you got going there....
    I'd pass on the blanched asparagus, just cause I can't
    stand it... maybe some grill asparagus would be in order..
    and you really can't go wrong with some avocado if you've
    got some nice and ripe

    Bob "Melba's Jammin'" <[email hidden]> wrote
    in message news:barbschaller-
    [email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Bought a bag of the tortellinis at Sam's a couple days
    ago. I cooked some for a supper salad and now have this
    going:

    Cooked tortellinis About 4-6 oz smoked turkey breast
    (deli junk), in french-fry-like pieces Some red onion
    Some great tomatoes Some black fancyschmancy olives from
    Brianno's A couple fresh mushrooms, sliced in thick
    pieces About 1/4 sweet red bell pepper, in short strips
    A coupla radishes, sliced Olive oil Balsamic vinegar
    Fresh basil Dried basil Dried oregano Freshly ground
    black pepper

    My question here is whether or not you have any opinions
    about the addition of some blanched asparagus (local
    farmers market is ramping up). I'm thinking also of
    adding some avocado pieces.

    So far, the samples taste pretty good.


    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sam I Am updated 5/30/04.
    Only 8 days until my birthday. "Shop early, shop often, shop
    big." Good gin and cheap chocolate preferred. Or is it cheap
    gin and good chocolate? I can never remember. . . .

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.