Supper Tonight

Nexis wrote:
> "Mr Libido Incognito" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>I was tired of the same old veggies, brocolli, cauliflower, green beans.
>>It
>>seemed I'd been eating them for months...
>>
>>So tonight was a change I sauted in a little canola oil a mixed bag of
>>veggies...Bok Choy, brocolli, grape tomatoes and button mushrooms, all
>>lightly salted and peppered with 1 mince garlic clove. I resisted the
>>temptation to sprinkle almond slices all over it. It was a good change
>>around and went well with the Boston butt pork steak. I used that trinadad
>>penzey's blend the lemon garlic on the pork steak. It seems to be tasty on
>>pork.
>>

> I made pork tonight too. Pork loin chops sautéed with lemon pepper and
> onion, then made a pan gravy and some brown rice to go under it. Asparagus
> and corn for veggies. Now if only my DH would get his late self home so we
> can eat! lol
>
> kimberly

It was COLD here today (got all the way up to 60, then rained and cooled
to 55 in late afternoon.) I made beef stew and biscuits.

It's supposed to be back into the 80's tomorrow and through the weekend.

Welcome to Colorado. It snowed on Vail pass last night and the road to
Mt. Evans and Trail Ridge in the Rocky Mt. National park were closed at
least temporarily due to snow.

gloria p

gloria p

Snip

>> Hope you feel much better soon.

>Thanks. I appreciate that.
>
>Carol

Wonderful insight here.

I realize that the 1st almb. was one of those you lost. I am sorry for
your loss.

Where you sent me showed you as well as your intrests. Its nice to get
to know you and yours :)

Gene

vega wrote:

> I didn't use everything he brought back. But he thought he would mess
> me up real good with chicken livers, spinach, onion, garlic, bacon,
> yogert, flank steak, garlic, carrots, eggs, doughnuts, raisens and
> romano cheese.
>
> He challenged me to "make it so". See, he thought I would feel the
> need to combine everything together to make one dish. WRONG!
>
> Heheheheh
>
> I marinaded the checken livers in sake (I always have it) and
> Fairbanks Sherry, five spice, and some garlic for about 2 hours.
> Rapped it in bacon, tossed it in corn starch (optional), and deep
> fried it. Rumaki !
>
> Pounded out the flank steak, saute'ed the onion, swetted a lot of
> garlic, chopped 1/2 the spinach. I laid down the flank, buttered it on
> the "up side". spred on top of it the onion, rasins, garlic, romano,
> spinach and julli'ed some carrots. Seasoned with some basil, thyme,
> black pepper, and salt. I rolled it up and roasted in the oven at
> about 250.
>
> Hard boiled some eggs, used the rest of the spinich, onion, garlic
> some teryaki, mirin, and some ginger I had. That was a salid.
>
> Doughnuts were desert.
>
> It was FUN!

What about the yogurt? Anyway, Mister Smarty-pants, what if he had come
back with a bunch of cellophane packages with NO LABELS, but whose contents
turned out to be:

shredded sausage casings
natto
blue-green algae powder
Indonesian fermented dried shrimp paste
lutefisk
balut
durian
kiwano
breadfruit

Bob

One time on Usenet, [email protected] said:

<snip>

> Maybe we'll just have brownies for dinner.
>
> Carol, crawling back to bed

Feel better soon, hon!

Jani (who [ObFood] made Cornish hens and baked potatoes for dinner)

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, VidGamer, novice cook, dieter ~

>What about the yogurt? Anyway, Mister Smarty-pants, what if he had come
>back with a bunch of cellophane packages with NO LABELS, but whose contents
>turned out to be:

>shredded sausage casings

natto
>blue-green algae powder
>Indonesian fermented dried shrimp paste
>lutefisk
>balut
>durian
>kiwano
>breadfruit

That's an easy one. SAUSAGES!!! WHEEE!! :-D

vega <[email protected]> said:

> I realize that the 1st almb. was one of those you lost. I am sorry for
> your loss.
>
> Where you sent me showed you as well as your intrests. Its nice to get
> to know you and yours :)

Thanks!

Carol

Mr Libido Incognito wrote:

> I was tired of the same old veggies, brocolli, cauliflower, green beans. It
> seemed I'd been eating them for months...
>
> So tonight was a change I sauted in a little canola oil a mixed bag of
> veggies...Bok Choy, brocolli, grape tomatoes and button mushrooms, all
> lightly salted and peppered with 1 mince garlic clove. I resisted the
> temptation to sprinkle almond slices all over it. It was a good change
> around and went well with the Boston butt pork steak. I used that trinadad
> penzey's blend the lemon garlic on the pork steak. It seems to be tasty on
> pork.

Sounds good. I do the mixed veggies with hoisin sauce. It goes well
with pork.

Christine Dabney wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:12:31 -0000, Mr Libido Incognito
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I used that trinadad
>
>>penzey's blend the lemon garlic on the pork steak. It seems to be tasty on
>>pork.

> Would that be good on a roasted chicken too?
>
> I ask, cause I stopped in Scottsdale, AZ on the way back from NM, and
> replenished my spices. I got some of that while I was there.
>
> And I just happen to have one of those "smart chickens" now in my
> fridge, ready to roast. I was going to cook it the Marcella Hazan
> way, with 2 lemons in the cavity, but now I am wondering if that
> seasoning would be good with it.

It couldn't be a very smart chicken if it managed to get caught ;)

> Christine

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:59:39 -0400, ~patches~
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Christine Dabney wrote:

>> And I just happen to have one of those "smart chickens" now in my
>> fridge, ready to roast. I was going to cook it the Marcella Hazan
>> way, with 2 lemons in the cavity, but now I am wondering if that
>> seasoning would be good with it.

>It couldn't be a very smart chicken if it managed to get caught ;)

www.smartchicken.com

Christine

Christine Dabney wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:59:39 -0400, ~patches~
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Christine Dabney wrote:

>>>And I just happen to have one of those "smart chickens" now in my
>>>fridge, ready to roast. I was going to cook it the Marcella Hazan
>>>way, with 2 lemons in the cavity, but now I am wondering if that
>>>seasoning would be good with it.

>>It couldn't be a very smart chicken if it managed to get caught ;)

> www.smartchicken.com

How much extra per pound did you have to pay? I wasn't impressed going
to the website and getting religion pushed in my face even though I'm
fairly religious. I just don't like using religion to sell a product.
I thought it would be like one of those turkeys that have the little
pop-up I'm done thingies. They aren't available in Michigan even
thought the Amish organic chickens are. Can you let me know if the
smart chicken was worth the extra price?