Supper tonight

Mr Libido Incognito

Guest
I was bored with convention so I'm having a bok choy pork steak
casserole....

a large pork steak cubed
1/2 a yellow bell pepper
2 stalks celery cut on the bias
1 roma tomtao
1 yellow onion
some brocolli
some sliced mushrooms
1 pkg cream cheese cubed
1 cup chicken stock
1 pkg 'el paso' taco seasoning
bok choy - about 8-10 leaves with stem; chopped.

Mix everything in a casserole dish and bake covered in a pre heated 350F
oven till cooked (about 1 1/4 hrs). Stir well then serve.

This should make me around 3-4 meals as it fills a 9X13 corningware pan.

--
-Alan

In article <[email protected]>,
Mr Libido Incognito <[email protected]> wrote:

> I was bored with convention so I'm having a bok choy pork steak
> casserole....
>
> a large pork steak cubed
> 1/2 a yellow bell pepper
> 2 stalks celery cut on the bias
> 1 roma tomtao
> 1 yellow onion
> some brocolli
> some sliced mushrooms
> 1 pkg cream cheese cubed
> 1 cup chicken stock
> 1 pkg 'el paso' taco seasoning
> bok choy - about 8-10 leaves with stem; chopped.
>
> Mix everything in a casserole dish and bake covered in a pre heated 350F
> oven till cooked (about 1 1/4 hrs). Stir well then serve.
>
> This should make me around 3-4 meals as it fills a 9X13 corningware pan.

Sounds good! :)

We like Bok choy.

Too bad you can't get the baby ones there.
I bought two large packages of them the other day, and just steam them
to serve whole. The biggest one is maybe about 4" long and about 1" wide
at the base. At the oriental market, they are the same price as the full
sized ones per weight.
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote on 26 Mar 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Mr Libido Incognito <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I was bored with convention so I'm having a bok choy pork steak
> > casserole....
> >
> > a large pork steak cubed
> > 1/2 a yellow bell pepper
> > 2 stalks celery cut on the bias
> > 1 roma tomtao
> > 1 yellow onion
> > some brocolli
> > some sliced mushrooms
> > 1 pkg cream cheese cubed
> > 1 cup chicken stock
> > 1 pkg 'el paso' taco seasoning
> > bok choy - about 8-10 leaves with stem; chopped.
> >
> > Mix everything in a casserole dish and bake covered in a pre heated
> > 350F oven till cooked (about 1 1/4 hrs). Stir well then serve.
> >
> > This should make me around 3-4 meals as it fills a 9X13 corningware
> > pan.

> Sounds good! :)
>
> We like Bok choy.
>
> Too bad you can't get the baby ones there.
> I bought two large packages of them the other day, and just steam them
> to serve whole. The biggest one is maybe about 4" long and about 1"
> wide at the base. At the oriental market, they are the same price as
> the full sized ones per weight.

I pigged out ate the whole damn thing....It was very good except I never
remember to cut back on the chicken stock to say 1/4 to 1/3 cup. It never
sticks in my head that the veggies & meat will give up moisture.

There is something about cream cheese and el paso taco seasoning when
mixed together...Fills that junk food flavour craving niche in my life.

--
-Alan