Supper tonight

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mr Libido Incognito, Mar 26, 2006.

  1. I was bored with convention so I'm having a bok choy pork steak
    casserole....

    a large pork steak cubed
    1/2 a yellow bell pepper
    2 stalks celery cut on the bias
    1 roma tomtao
    1 yellow onion
    some brocolli
    some sliced mushrooms
    1 pkg cream cheese cubed
    1 cup chicken stock
    1 pkg 'el paso' taco seasoning
    bok choy - about 8-10 leaves with stem; chopped.

    Mix everything in a casserole dish and bake covered in a pre heated 350F
    oven till cooked (about 1 1/4 hrs). Stir well then serve.

    This should make me around 3-4 meals as it fills a 9X13 corningware pan.

    --
    -Alan

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    Mr Libido Incognito <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I was bored with convention so I'm having a bok choy pork steak
    > casserole....
    >
    > a large pork steak cubed
    > 1/2 a yellow bell pepper
    > 2 stalks celery cut on the bias
    > 1 roma tomtao
    > 1 yellow onion
    > some brocolli
    > some sliced mushrooms
    > 1 pkg cream cheese cubed
    > 1 cup chicken stock
    > 1 pkg 'el paso' taco seasoning
    > bok choy - about 8-10 leaves with stem; chopped.
    >
    > Mix everything in a casserole dish and bake covered in a pre heated 350F
    > oven till cooked (about 1 1/4 hrs). Stir well then serve.
    >
    > This should make me around 3-4 meals as it fills a 9X13 corningware pan.

    Sounds good! :)

    We like Bok choy.

    Too bad you can't get the baby ones there.
    I bought two large packages of them the other day, and just steam them
    to serve whole. The biggest one is maybe about 4" long and about 1" wide
    at the base. At the oriental market, they are the same price as the full
    sized ones per weight.
    --
    Peace, Om.

  3. OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote on 26 Mar 2006 in rec.food.cooking

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Mr Libido Incognito <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I was bored with convention so I'm having a bok choy pork steak
    > > casserole....
    > >
    > > a large pork steak cubed
    > > 1/2 a yellow bell pepper
    > > 2 stalks celery cut on the bias
    > > 1 roma tomtao
    > > 1 yellow onion
    > > some brocolli
    > > some sliced mushrooms
    > > 1 pkg cream cheese cubed
    > > 1 cup chicken stock
    > > 1 pkg 'el paso' taco seasoning
    > > bok choy - about 8-10 leaves with stem; chopped.
    > >
    > > Mix everything in a casserole dish and bake covered in a pre heated
    > > 350F oven till cooked (about 1 1/4 hrs). Stir well then serve.
    > >
    > > This should make me around 3-4 meals as it fills a 9X13 corningware
    > > pan.

    > Sounds good! :)
    >
    > We like Bok choy.
    >
    > Too bad you can't get the baby ones there.
    > I bought two large packages of them the other day, and just steam them
    > to serve whole. The biggest one is maybe about 4" long and about 1"
    > wide at the base. At the oriental market, they are the same price as
    > the full sized ones per weight.

    I pigged out ate the whole damn thing....It was very good except I never
    remember to cut back on the chicken stock to say 1/4 to 1/3 cup. It never
    sticks in my head that the veggies & meat will give up moisture.

    There is something about cream cheese and el paso taco seasoning when
    mixed together...Fills that junk food flavour craving niche in my life.

    --
    -Alan