Supplements at bedtime

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Bob, Dec 16, 2005.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Hi,
    I'm used to take my supplements 4 times a day: at meals and at
    bedtime.
    De minerals I use are good absorbable (citrate, aspartate).
    Vit E is succinate.
    Is there any reason to take it 4 times a day or is at breakfast and
    dinner enough.
    Bob

    Tags:

  2. TC

    TC Guest

    Fat solubles - doesn't matter. Water solubles, best taken in smaller
    doses thru out the day, with food.

    TC

    Bob wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm used to take my supplements 4 times a day: at meals and at
    > bedtime.
    > De minerals I use are good absorbable (citrate, aspartate).
    > Vit E is succinate.
    > Is there any reason to take it 4 times a day or is at breakfast and
    > dinner enough.
    > Bob

  3. "Fat solubles - doesn't matter. Water solubles, best taken in smaller
    doses thru out the day, with food."

    Why?

  4. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    Bob wrote:

    > I'm used to take my supplements 4 times a day:
    > at meals and at bedtime.

    I never take supplements or eat high-protein foods
    late in the day. I find that they can interfere
    with sleep, possibly by providing neurotransmitter
    precursors. If you ever have trouble sleeping
    caused by thinking too much at night, this may
    be the cause.

    Vitamin C, fat-soluble vitamins, and minerals
    do not seem to have this effect.

  5. MMu

    MMu Guest

    <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]
    > "Fat solubles - doesn't matter. Water solubles, best taken in smaller
    > doses thru out the day, with food."
    >
    > Why?

    Fat soluables are stored in the body longer than water solubles.