Supplements to increase growth hormone output... are they legal and does it work?

wilmar13

Nov 30, 2003
I got this in my junk mail and it piqued my interest...

http://mysupplementstore.net/gababyast.html

Do supplements like this really increase your bodies production of HGH, and if so is it crossing the line into doping? Or rather is it like taking vitamins... can help, but only if you aren't eating/sleeping/etc. right?

Make sure it is WADA approved or USADA approved. I wouldn't buy that ****. Eating well can help you more then taking vitamin pills or anything else. Unless you dope.

People wouldn't call it doping but I would call it risky. 1 out of every 5 pills is contaminated.

Fastguppy said:
Eating well can help you more then taking vitamin pills or anything else. Unless you dope.

There's a lot more to it, and his question, than that. Hopefully some nutritional experts will weigh in.

Mish said:
There's a lot more to it, and his question, than that. Hopefully some nutritional experts will weigh in.

Yep HGH affects so many aspects of how you recover, what fuel your muscles burn, etc... there is a reason cyclists dope with it artificially, and I know from personal experience that it can change a lot about how you feel and sleep. I am interested in making sure my body can naturally produce the correct amount. I used to do lots of LSD rides to burn fat and it never worked and I felt like ****, didn't sleep well, etc., but doing some short intense rides (that supposedly increase natural HGH production) does the trick... legal supplements like this are very curious because I don't know if they work, and if they do work, does it really help cycling performance/recovery, and if it does, is it crossing the line into doping? Maybe I should just drink a shot of whiskey and have a couple beers since it seems to boost testosterone levels so well ;) .

I tried an HGH enhancer or booster and I got some pimples on my forehead and decided to stop. I don't get much sleep and I am beginning to realize that I may benefit the most from getting more than 5 hours and at a regular basis. My off season goal is to work on the structure of my business so I can get a regular 8 hours +. Right now I probably don't as much recovery or growth as I could.