Suppliers of Specialized Armadillos other than Wiggle?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Michael Green, Nov 14, 2003.

  1. Can't find any other mail order retailers. Wiggle likely to be most expensive source. Suggestions
    please. Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

  4. Thank you to Pete and Simon.

    Unfortunately no 700's at Edinburgh and Bikebrain doesn't search all site, so mostly comes up with
    you-know-who (I'm sure we can all guess why).

    Any further thoughts on Armadillo or perhaps Nimbus EX in 700x23?

  5. Allan Nelson

    Allan Nelson Guest

    Never tried them (the shop, not the tyres), but what about this place...

    http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productviewer.asp?ID=2&type=tyres

    Seem to have what you want.

    Cheeers... Allan.

    --
    ~~~ http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/index.htm Italian Cycle tour reports and the home of... Cycling
    Before Lycra

    Michael Green wrote:
    > Thank you to Pete and Simon.
    >
    > Unfortunately no 700's at Edinburgh and Bikebrain doesn't search all site, so mostly comes up with
    > you-know-who (I'm sure we can all guess why).
    >
    > Any further thoughts on Armadillo or perhaps Nimbus EX in 700x23?

  6. "Allan Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Never tried them (the shop, not the tyres), but what about this place...
    >
    > http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productviewer.asp?ID=2&type=tyres
    >
    > Seem to have what you want.
    >
    > Cheeers... Allan.
    >
    > --
    > ~~~ http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/index.htm Italian Cycle tour reports and the home of...
    > Cycling Before Lycra
    >
    > Michael Green wrote:
    > > Thank you to Pete and Simon.
    > >
    > > Unfortunately no 700's at Edinburgh and Bikebrain doesn't search all site, so mostly comes up
    > > with you-know-who (I'm sure we can all guess why).
    > >
    > > Any further thoughts on Armadillo or perhaps Nimbus EX in 700x23?

    Thanks, you saved me UKP 12.00. Nice one.

    Cheers.

  7. Allan Nelson

    Allan Nelson Guest

    Michael Green wrote:
    > "Allan Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Never tried them (the shop, not the tyres), but what about this place...
    >>
    >> http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productviewer.asp?ID=2&type=tyres

    <snip>

    >> Thanks, you saved me UKP 12.00. Nice one.

    You'll be needing my address then to send the £6 (50/50 I noticed they were cheap. I use armadillos
    myself, so might get a couple at that price. Probably last years model or something, but who cares
    if you save £12 a tyre!

  8. > Probably last years model or something, but who cares if you save £12 a tyre!

    Oops, UKP 6.00 per tyre, two of them. Still a very good deal compared to you-know-who.

    Shame that Bikebrain doesn't work (or maybe it does!).

  9. Allan Nelson

    Allan Nelson Guest

    Michael Green wrote:
    >> Probably last years model or something, but who cares if you save £12 a tyre!
    >>
    > Oops, UKP 6.00 per tyre, two of them. Still a very good deal compared to you-know-who.
    >
    > Shame that Bikebrain doesn't work (or maybe it does!).

    I just put 'specialized armadillo' into Google and voila! I did wonder what I might get back - not
    sure what you can do with an armadillo, let alone a specialized one!)

    Cheeers... Allan ~~~ http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/index.htm Italian Cycle tour reports and the
    home of... Cycling Before Lycra

  10. > I just put 'specialized armadillo' into Google and voila! I did wonder what I might get back - not
    > sure what you can do with an armadillo, let alone a specialized one!)
    >
    > Cheeers... Allan

    Blimey, I'd just about given up on Google for finding anything useful. I will report my Specialized
    Armadillo results.

    Cheers. Michael