Supported Nullabor rides

Bruce Anstie

Guest
Does anyone know if there is anyone who organises supported rides across the Nullabor?

Bruce Anstie wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is anyone who organises supported rides across the Nullabor?

If it is just for you, then No.

Terry,

I am sure Bruce Anstie who has initiated this topic would like some relevant feed back!! So stop
wasting the lights, electricity, and whatever waste of space you consume. And go away and think
about your replies to people who respect better!!

We are all still waiting for Terry to initiate a relevant topic!!

PS Bruce. Sorry I cant help with this topic right now, but if I find anything, Ill let you know. PS
There are others out there who will respond with something relevant.

Yours Sincerely

Hammer

HAMMER wrote:

> Terry,
>
> I am sure Bruce Anstie who has initiated this topic would like some relevant feed back!!

Dear Mr Tool You remind me of the saying that when you have a hammer, the solution to any problem is
to hit it.

But since your are so thick, I will repeat my answer slowly.

As far as I know there is no person, group, company or other concern regularly offering supported
bicycle rides across the Nullabor Plains. That is rides that an individual could join other
individuals for.

Now, the echo to that message is, i.e. what was unsaid;

However, if there is a group who wants to pay for someone to provided a supported ride across the
Nullarbor, then that is a separate matter.

> > > Does anyone know if there is anyone who organises supported rides across
> the
> > > Nullabor?
> >
> > If it is just for you, then No.

Perhaps I should have been more specific in my request. I was wondering if there was a cycle tour
company that offers supported rides across the Nullarbor, eg Perth to Melbourne. I would like to do
this ride and it would be my preferred way of doing it if this option is available.

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Bruce Anstie wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is anyone who organises supported rides across the Nullabor?

From Australian Cyclist 6-20 March Nullabor 1200Km Bicycle SA 08 8232 2644 www.bikesa.asn.au

Owen

"Owen Cook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> From Australian Cyclist 6-20 March Nullabor 1200Km Bicycle SA 08 8232 2644 www.bikesa.asn.au

The Nullarbor to Margret River Wine Region (South Australia & Western Australia) Cycling: Bike/Van
Tour Accommodation: Camping Departures: (from Adelaide) 23 October 2004
http://www.cyclingvacations.com.au/sgtours.html
http://www.cyclingvacations.com.au/cycletours_pdf/rt7sotr.pdf

Other: http://www.multiline.com.au/~bta/touring/march93.htm
http://www.bisa.asn.au/touring2003/longdist/tournullarbor.html

Try google for more.

hippy

Thanks to all who contributed. Have a few good leads now. And I have also
learned how to spell Nullarbor now!
news:p[email protected]...

Bruce Anstie wrote:
> Thanks to all who contributed. Have a few good leads now. And I have also learned how to spell
> Nullarbor now!

If you ever forget or are unsure, just remember it's from the Latin for no trees: "null arbor". Fair
dinks. I imagine lots of people think it's an indigenous name.

&roo

There is a company who organises regualr supported rides across the Nullarbor.
Im unsure if they go both directions (east-west is a definite no-no apparently)

I cant recall the exact name but they advertise in the back of Austrlian Cyclist magazine (small'ish 6x6cm-ish ad in the last few pages)

worth alook, ifyou dont have it wander down to your local newsagents. Hell, subscribe any. its dirt cheap

Good ride. One of the many I would love to do before I can no longer turn a pedal (along with touring europe, sth America, the Adirondacks trail in US, etc,etc,etc)

Apparently water is the big issue as its obviously a rare commodity out there and roadhouses wont just hand it out. Time of year is an issue too.

tell us more...