Supported Nullabor rides

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Bruce Anstie, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Bruce Anstie

    Bruce Anstie Guest

    Does anyone know if there is anyone who organises supported rides across the Nullabor?

    Tags:

  2. Jock

    Jock Guest

  3. Bruce Anstie wrote:

    > Does anyone know if there is anyone who organises supported rides across the Nullabor?

    If it is just for you, then No.

  4. Hammer

    Hammer Guest

    Terry,

    I am sure Bruce Anstie who has initiated this topic would like some relevant feed back!! So stop
    wasting the lights, electricity, and whatever waste of space you consume. And go away and think
    about your replies to people who respect better!!

    We are all still waiting for Terry to initiate a relevant topic!!

    PS Bruce. Sorry I cant help with this topic right now, but if I find anything, Ill let you know. PS
    There are others out there who will respond with something relevant.

    Yours Sincerely

    Hammer

  5. HAMMER wrote:

    > Terry,
    >
    > I am sure Bruce Anstie who has initiated this topic would like some relevant feed back!!

    Dear Mr Tool You remind me of the saying that when you have a hammer, the solution to any problem is
    to hit it.

    But since your are so thick, I will repeat my answer slowly.

    As far as I know there is no person, group, company or other concern regularly offering supported
    bicycle rides across the Nullabor Plains. That is rides that an individual could join other
    individuals for.

    Now, the echo to that message is, i.e. what was unsaid;

    However, if there is a group who wants to pay for someone to provided a supported ride across the
    Nullarbor, then that is a separate matter.

    > > > Does anyone know if there is anyone who organises supported rides across
    > the
    > > > Nullabor?
    > >
    > > If it is just for you, then No.

  6. Bruce Anstie

    Bruce Anstie Guest

    Perhaps I should have been more specific in my request. I was wondering if there was a cycle tour
    company that offers supported rides across the Nullarbor, eg Perth to Melbourne. I would like to do
    this ride and it would be my preferred way of doing it if this option is available.

    "Terry Collins" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > HAMMER wrote:
    > >
    > > Terry,
    > >
    > > I am sure Bruce Anstie who has initiated this topic would like some relevant feed back!!
    >
    > Dear Mr Tool You remind me of the saying that when you have a hammer, the solution to any problem
    > is to hit it.
    >
    > But since your are so thick, I will repeat my answer slowly.
    >
    > As far as I know there is no person, group, company or other concern regularly offering supported
    > bicycle rides across the Nullabor Plains. That is rides that an individual could join other
    > individuals for.
    >

    > Now, the echo to that message is, i.e. what was unsaid;
    >
    > However, if there is a group who wants to pay for someone to provided a supported ride across the
    > Nullarbor, then that is a separate matter.

    > > the
    > > >
    > > > If it is just for you, then No.

  7. Owen Cook

    Owen Cook Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Bruce Anstie wrote:

    > Does anyone know if there is anyone who organises supported rides across the Nullabor?

    From Australian Cyclist 6-20 March Nullabor 1200Km Bicycle SA 08 8232 2644 www.bikesa.asn.au

    Owen

  8. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "Owen Cook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > From Australian Cyclist 6-20 March Nullabor 1200Km Bicycle SA 08 8232 2644 www.bikesa.asn.au

    The Nullarbor to Margret River Wine Region (South Australia & Western Australia) Cycling: Bike/Van
    Tour Accommodation: Camping Departures: (from Adelaide) 23 October 2004
    http://www.cyclingvacations.com.au/sgtours.html
    http://www.cyclingvacations.com.au/cycletours_pdf/rt7sotr.pdf

    Other: http://www.multiline.com.au/~bta/touring/march93.htm
    http://www.bisa.asn.au/touring2003/longdist/tournullarbor.html

    Try google for more.

    hippy

  9. Bruce Anstie

    Bruce Anstie Guest

    Thanks to all who contributed. Have a few good leads now. And I have also
    learned how to spell Nullarbor now!
    "Bruce Anstie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know if there is anyone who organises supported rides across
    the
    > Nullabor?

  10. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    Bruce Anstie wrote:
    > Thanks to all who contributed. Have a few good leads now. And I have also learned how to spell
    > Nullarbor now!

    If you ever forget or are unsure, just remember it's from the Latin for no trees: "null arbor". Fair
    dinks. I imagine lots of people think it's an indigenous name.

    &roo

  11. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    There is a company who organises regualr supported rides across the Nullarbor.
    Im unsure if they go both directions (east-west is a definite no-no apparently)

    I cant recall the exact name but they advertise in the back of Austrlian Cyclist magazine (small'ish 6x6cm-ish ad in the last few pages)

    worth alook, ifyou dont have it wander down to your local newsagents. Hell, subscribe any. its dirt cheap

    Good ride. One of the many I would love to do before I can no longer turn a pedal (along with touring europe, sth America, the Adirondacks trail in US, etc,etc,etc)

    Apparently water is the big issue as its obviously a rare commodity out there and roadhouses wont just hand it out. Time of year is an issue too.

    tell us more...