Supported Tour

American Sensei

Apr 24, 2004
I checking into doing my first long tour in Dec 2004. I'm a single female 46 so would like to do a supported tour. I can go pretty much anywhere in the world. (Live in Japan)
So can anyone sugget a good touring company?
Thanks
American Sensei

Hi!
I very highly recommend the touring company America By Bicycle. I rode across the USA from the West coast (Pacific Ocean) to the East coast (Atlantic Ocean) on a northern route and they were thee BEST most organized, friendly, helpful, people I could ever have joined up with for this kind of challenging tour. I had only been riding a bicycle for 1 1/2 years before taking on this ride at age 56. But I had a wonderful time and the adventure of a lifetime!!! ABB takes care of all the logistics so flawlessly you only have to be concerned with each day's ride on your bicycle, they take care of all the rest. No camping, motel overnights each night. Check out their website at www.abbike.com
My journal of my ride across America is at: http://SaraBikesUSA.tripod.com

Originally posted by SaraBikes
Hi!
I very highly recommend the touring company America By Bicycle. I rode across the USA from the West coast (Pacific Ocean) to the East coast (Atlantic Ocean) on a northern route and they were thee BEST most organized, friendly, helpful, people I could ever have joined up with for this kind of challenging tour. I had only been riding a bicycle for 1 1/2 years before taking on this ride at age 56. But I had a wonderful time and the adventure of a lifetime!!! ABB takes care of all the logistics so flawlessly you only have to be concerned with each day's ride on your bicycle, they take care of all the rest. No camping, motel overnights each night. Check out their website at www.abbike.com
My journal of my ride across America is at: http://SaraBikesUSA.tripod.com

Thanks will check out the site -I did find a self guided tour of NZ as well www.cyclehire.co.nz I am trying to talk my non cycling daughter into going with me :D