Supporting rider on PBP

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by FatBlokeOnBikep, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. . One of my Club members is considering the Paris-Brest-Paris this year. I have not confirmed this
    with him yet - he doesn't akshully know I'm even toying with the idea - but were I to go along as
    "support" -

1 - What ought I to foresee being my role?

2 - Best route to/from the start/finish?

3 - Best tariffs on ferries/trains?

(Ok, I can search the net for 2 & 3 but someone might have good personal knowledge.)

Thanx.

Yooors,

Iain.

Tags:

2. <[email protected]> wrote ...
    > . One of my Club members is considering the Paris-Brest-Paris this year. I
    have not
    > confirmed this with him yet - he doesn't akshully know I'm even toying
    with the idea - but
    > were I to go along as "support" -
    >

Tell him before he enters - he has to list his support vehicle(s) on the entry form. Support
    vehicles get a different route to follow between controls than the riders, are not allowed on the
    rider's route, and are only allowed to contact the riders at controls (within a mile or so).
    Breach of regulations attracts time penalties to the rider. There are motorcycle marshals checking
    up on things

Role: feeding (avoids queues at canteens) carrying and providing changes of clothing, waterproofs,
    on-bike food, light batteries, spares etc providing somewhere to kip moral support - "don't think
    you're getting a lift off me if you pack - there's no room!" rescue in case of failure

Andrew (1995 ancien)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.