Surbiton ) Wandsworth ...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Elyob, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    Just tried out the route I was thinking of doing from next week. Cut through Richmond Park, across
    the A3 at Robin Hood, through Wimbledon common. Er ... it's a little muddy in wimbledon common.
    Maybe I'll just take that route on the way home ... Now goes back to study map as no way am I
    cycling up the
    A3 ...

    The place I'm going to has no showers, how do you all get around this, some sort of travel cloth to
    sponge yourself down, and lots of deodrant?

    Tags:

  2. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 6/2/04 4:05 pm, in article
    [email protected], "elyob"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Just tried out the route I was thinking of doing from next week. Cut through Richmond Park, across
    > the A3 at Robin Hood, through Wimbledon common.

    Richmond park to roehampton gate, up to the junction, turn right and you are heading into wandsworth
    to join the A3 where it is slower and manageable.

    In my yoof I commuted up the A3 to London. Not the nicest of rides.

    ..d

    Er
    > ... it's a little muddy in wimbledon common. Maybe I'll just take that route on the way home ...
    > Now goes back to study map as no way am I cycling up the
    > A3 ...
    >
    > The place I'm going to has no showers, how do you all get around this, some sort of travel cloth
    > to sponge yourself down, and lots of deodrant?

  3. "David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BC4970A6.C2D4%[email protected]...

    > Richmond park to roehampton gate, up to the junction, turn right and you are heading into
    > wandsworth to join the A3 where it is slower and manageable.
    >
    > In my yoof I commuted up the A3 to London. Not the nicest of rides.

    From what I remember the A3 is not too bad till you get to robin hood roundabout at which point it's
    more like a motorway than a normal road.

  4. Graham Glen

    Graham Glen Guest

    In message <BC4970A6.C2D4%[email protected]>, David Martin
    <[email protected]> writes
    >On 6/2/04 4:05 pm, in article [email protected], "elyob"
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >> Just tried out the route I was thinking of doing from next week. Cut through Richmond Park,
    >> across the A3 at Robin Hood, through Wimbledon common.
    >
    >Richmond park to roehampton gate, up to the junction, turn right and you are heading into
    >wandsworth to join the A3 where it is slower and manageable.

    Out of Richmond park at Roehampton gate, turn right at the mini roundabout into Danebury Avenue.
    Follow that through the estate to the traffic lights, go straight across up to Putney Heath. If you
    want to pick up the A3 again on West Hill, then go along to the traffic lights, turn right onto
    Putney Hill and then first left into Putney Heath Lane, which will bring you to West Hill after
    Tibbets Corner.

    If you want to cut through Southfields into Wandsworth, then when you get to Putney Heath, take the
    right turn into Telegraph Road, at the end keep going past the pub (the Telegraph) into the car park
    and at the other end of the car park is a footpath/bicycle path which goes down to the footpath
    underneath Tibbets corner and will let you out onto Wimbledon Park Side.

    Graham
    --
    Graham Glen [email protected] ".. and it always was possible to measure the distance between
    so-called management and the so-called creative by the time it took for a memo to go in one

  5. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    "Graham Glen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In message <BC4970A6.C2D4%[email protected]>, David Martin
    > <[email protected]> writes
    > >On 6/2/04 4:05 pm, in article [email protected], "elyob"
    > ><[email protected]> wrote:
    > >

    > >> Just tried out the route I was thinking of doing from next week. Cut
    through
    > >> Richmond Park, across the A3 at Robin Hood, through Wimbledon common.
    > >
    > >Richmond park to roehampton gate, up to the junction, turn right and you
    are
    > >heading into wandsworth to join the A3 where it is slower and manageable.
    > >

    > Out of Richmond park at Roehampton gate, turn right at the mini roundabout into Danebury Avenue.
    > Follow that through the estate to the traffic lights, go straight across up to Putney Heath. If
    > you want to pick up the A3 again on West Hill, then go along to the traffic lights, turn right
    > onto Putney Hill and then first left into Putney Heath Lane, which will bring you to West Hill
    > after Tibbets Corner.
    >
    > If you want to cut through Southfields into Wandsworth, then when you get to Putney Heath, take
    > the right turn into Telegraph Road, at the end keep going past the pub (the Telegraph) into the
    > car park and at the other end of the car park is a footpath/bicycle path which goes down to the
    > footpath underneath Tibbets corner and will let you out onto Wimbledon Park Side.

    Excellent, confirms my idea to go on to Roehampton gate. I plan to take the Jasmin trail around
    Rchmond park, exit at roehampton gate. All the way to Telegraph road, however here I may pick up the
    route where I left off. Basically, cross Putney Hill and work my way through the back roads, namely
    Putney Heath Lane, Rusholme, Holmbush, Keswick and Oakhill Road.

    Thanks to all for helping out.