Surgeon General'z Report on The DAFN Brain...

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by makemyday, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. makemyday

    makemyday Guest

    Memo to Bob/Byron: Think P-E-E-R R-E-V-I-E-W-E-D...

    http://mentalhealth.about.com/cs/comprehensivesites/l/blc1s3.htm *********************
    exZZZZZZZZZerpt ************************** Overview of the Report’s Chapters -- This section
    provides a brief overview of the entire report, including a description of its general orientation
    and a summary of key conclusions drawn from each chapter [...]

    Chapter 2 begins with an overview of research under way today that is focused on the brain and
    *BEHAVIOR* in mental health and mental illness. It explains how newer approaches to neuroscience are
    mending the mind-body split, which for so long has been a stumbling block to understanding the
    *RELATIONSHIP_OF_THE_BRAIN_TO_BEHAVIOR*, *THOUGHT*, and *EMOTION*. Modern integrative neuroscience
    offers a means of linking research on broad “systems-level” aspects of *BRAIN_FUNCTION* with
    *REMARKABLY_DETAILED_TOOLS_AND_FINDINGS_OF_MOLECULAR_GENETICS* ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ***********************************************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Low intelligence and irresponsible/violent/aggressive behavior are genetic.

    Supreme Court, 1954, Brown vs DNA -- a total LOOZer... ^^^

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] wrote:

    > Memo to Bob/Byron: Think P-E-E-R R-E-V-I-E-W-E-D...
    >
    > http://mentalhealth.about.com/cs/comprehensivesites/l/blc1s3.htm *********************
    > exZZZZZZZZZerpt ************************** Overview of the Report’s Chapters -- This section
    > provides a brief overview of the entire report, including a description of its general orientation
    > and a summary of key conclusions drawn from each chapter [...]
    >
    > Chapter 2 begins with an overview of research under way today that is focused on the brain and
    > *BEHAVIOR* in mental health and mental illness. It explains how newer approaches to neuroscience
    > are mending the mind-body split, which for so long has been a stumbling block to understanding the
    > *RELATIONSHIP_OF_THE_BRAIN_TO_BEHAVIOR*, *THOUGHT*, and *EMOTION*. Modern integrative neuroscience
    > offers a means of linking research on broad “systems-level” aspects of *BRAIN_FUNCTION* with
    > *REMARKABLY_DETAILED_TOOLS_AND_FINDINGS_OF_MOLECULAR_GENETICS* ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >
    > Low intelligence and irresponsible/violent/aggressive behavior are genetic.

    Did you read thiz part? "the report’s principal recommendation to the American people is to seek
    help if you have a mental health problem . . ."