Surly Karate Monkey Boss Threads

Tosspot

Guest
Where the boss screws into the braze-on. I now know they are *not* the
same size as the Hope hose guides :(

They are 10mm, but does anyone know the TPI? I was thinking to make up
my own.

I'll bet its some half-arsed mix of imperial and metric >:|

Tosspot wrote:
> Where the boss screws into the braze-on. I now know they are *not*
> the same size as the Hope hose guides :(
>
> They are 10mm, but does anyone know the TPI? I was thinking to make
> up my own.
>
> I'll bet its some half-arsed mix of imperial and metric >:|

Most likely 10x1mm.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Tosspot wrote:
> Where the boss screws into the braze-on. I now know they are *not* the
> same size as the Hope hose guides :(
>
> They are 10mm, but does anyone know the TPI? I was thinking to make up
> my own.
>
> I'll bet its some half-arsed mix of imperial and metric >:|

Just checked my Instigator and it's 10x1. All Surly frames probably use
the same bosses. If you still have the boss, and it's about that size,
you could just try threading it into a derailer hanger to confirm. Or
thread a derailer into the boss mount. Or, yknow, measure the pitch
with a ruler.

Nate Knutson wrote:
> Tosspot wrote:
>
>>Where the boss screws into the braze-on. I now know they are *not* the
>>same size as the Hope hose guides :(
>>
>>They are 10mm, but does anyone know the TPI? I was thinking to make up
>>my own.
>>
>>I'll bet its some half-arsed mix of imperial and metric >:|

> Just checked my Instigator and it's 10x1. All Surly frames probably use
> the same bosses. If you still have the boss, and it's about that size,
> you could just try threading it into a derailer hanger to confirm. Or
> thread a derailer into the boss mount. Or, yknow, measure the pitch
> with a ruler.

Ta muchly for both responses. I shall be heading down the local
hardware shop and thence to a nice man with a lathe that understands
such matters.

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
> Tosspot wrote:
> > Where the boss screws into the braze-on. I now know they are *not*
> > the same size as the Hope hose guides :(
> >
> > They are 10mm, but does anyone know the TPI? I was thinking to make
> > up my own.
> >
> > I'll bet its some half-arsed mix of imperial and metric >:|

> Most likely 10x1mm.
> --
> Phil, Squid-in-Training

Y'know, I think Phil's right: