Survey on behalf of BCF with a Trek as prize

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by iainQlang, Apr 16, 2003.

  1. iainQlang

    iainQlang Guest

    . [Previous copy of this post seems to have gone astray.]

    The following was received by a Johnstone Wheeler. You may have had sight of it from another
    source. It seems to offer pretty sensible options and is quite comprehensive. A Trek wouldn't be
    unwelcome either!

    QUOTE Dear British Cycling Member,

    Kadence (UK) Ltd is currently undertaking the largest on-line research survey ever amongst cyclists
    in Britain, in conjunction with the major governing bodies within cycling. The results will be used
    to help determine the future direction of the sport, and to design services, activities and events
    based on the overall needs and attitudes of the UK cycling fraternity. As a cyclist, your input
    matters, and this is your chance to be part of the Voice of Cycling in Britain.

    Members Click here to complete the survey. The questionnaire will take approx. 10 minutes and you
    will have the chance to win a £3000 GB Team Trek road bike or one of 10 Rudy Project helmets, as a
    current BC member.

    Could you forward this email to any family / friends / acquaintances that you know who currently
    cycle? These need not be members of British Cycling or competitive cyclists at all, we want to get
    the views of everyone who cycles whether for social reasons, as transport, or for their health. The
    eventual aim is to offer various types of organised cycling activities or events to appeal to
    everybody who enjoys cycling, from the top level Olympians or Elite riders, in ALL branches of
    cycling, through to active and passive cyclists including children. There is a separate web address
    for non-members, www.cyclingforall.org.uk. This is in order to remove any bias to British Cycling.

    There are millions of active cyclists and health conscious people in the UK who have important views
    and we want to record them. We need your help to reach as many of them as possible and so help shape
    our sport over the next 10 years.

    Kind Regards

    Claire Rollinson Membership Services Manager UNQUOTE The friendliest Cycling Club in Scotland!
    www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>... *snip*
    > Could you forward this email to any family / friends / acquaintances that you know who currently
    > cycle? These need not be members of British Cycling or competitive cyclists at all, we want to get
    > the views of everyone who cycles whether for social reasons, as transport, or for their health.
    > The eventual aim is to offer various types of organised cycling activities or events to appeal to
    > everybody who enjoys cycling, from the top level Olympians or Elite riders, in ALL branches of
    > cycling, through to active and passive cyclists including children. There is a separate web
    > address for non-members, www.cyclingforall.org.uk. This is in order to remove any bias to British
    > Cycling.
    *snip*

    This questionnaire is rubbish. I got three or so screens in and couldn't go any further since I hold
    none of the four racing licences listed (I race time trials via CTT).

    Robert

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    > This questionnaire is rubbish. I got three or so screens in and couldn't go any further since I
    > hold none of the four racing licences listed (I race time trials via CTT).

    I got further than that and I don't hold any licences. The survey is worth completing if only to
    encourage the BCF to make their events and system more attractive to those of us who might be
    interested to participate one day but are currently put off for various reasons.

    ~PB

  4. "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > This questionnaire is rubbish. I got three or so screens in and couldn't go any further since I
    > > hold none of the four racing licences listed (I race time trials via CTT).
    >
    > I got further than that and I don't hold any licences. The survey is worth completing if only to
    > encourage the BCF to make their events and system more attractive to those of us who might be
    > interested to participate one day but are currently put off for various reasons.

    God that was tedious. I went through the whole thing - it really was poorly worded, choices that
    weren't anything I wanted to choose, and too biased towards the idea that somehow people would
    choose cycling as a sport if only sporting events were arranged in a sufficiently attractive way -
    which is the whole point I suppose. BCF exists to promote cycling as a sport, and cycling is much
    more than that.

    Rich

  5. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    "Richard Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > BCF exists to promote cycling as a sport, and cycling is much more than that.

    That's why I put a comment in one of the text fields that they should do more to promote cycling as
    a whole, perhaps by dispelling the increasingly commonly held misconception that cycling is
    dangerous. More recreational riders would almost inevitably lead to more cyclists interested in
    competition.

    Have fun!

    Graeme

  6. "Graeme" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Richard Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > BCF exists to promote cycling as a sport, and cycling is much more than that.
    >
    > That's why I put a comment in one of the text fields that they should do more to promote cycling
    > as a whole, perhaps by dispelling the increasingly commonly held misconception that cycling is
    > dangerous. More recreational riders would almost inevitably lead to more cyclists interested in
    > competition.

    Yes, I also wrote in one of the text boxes that they should encourage cycling as a means of
    tran_sport, not just sport!

    Rich