Survey on behalf of BCF with a Trek as prize

iainQlang

Guest
. [Previous copy of this post seems to have gone astray.]

The following was received by a Johnstone Wheeler. You may have had sight of it from another
source. It seems to offer pretty sensible options and is quite comprehensive. A Trek wouldn't be
unwelcome either!

QUOTE Dear British Cycling Member,

Kadence (UK) Ltd is currently undertaking the largest on-line research survey ever amongst cyclists
in Britain, in conjunction with the major governing bodies within cycling. The results will be used
to help determine the future direction of the sport, and to design services, activities and events
based on the overall needs and attitudes of the UK cycling fraternity. As a cyclist, your input
matters, and this is your chance to be part of the Voice of Cycling in Britain.

Members Click here to complete the survey. The questionnaire will take approx. 10 minutes and you
will have the chance to win a £3000 GB Team Trek road bike or one of 10 Rudy Project helmets, as a
current BC member.

Could you forward this email to any family / friends / acquaintances that you know who currently
cycle? These need not be members of British Cycling or competitive cyclists at all, we want to get
the views of everyone who cycles whether for social reasons, as transport, or for their health. The
eventual aim is to offer various types of organised cycling activities or events to appeal to
everybody who enjoys cycling, from the top level Olympians or Elite riders, in ALL branches of
cycling, through to active and passive cyclists including children. There is a separate web address
for non-members, www.cyclingforall.org.uk. This is in order to remove any bias to British Cycling.

There are millions of active cyclists and health conscious people in the UK who have important views
and we want to record them. We need your help to reach as many of them as possible and so help shape
our sport over the next 10 years.

Kind Regards

Claire Rollinson Membership Services Manager UNQUOTE The friendliest Cycling Club in Scotland!
www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk

[email protected] wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... *snip*
> Could you forward this email to any family / friends / acquaintances that you know who currently
> cycle? These need not be members of British Cycling or competitive cyclists at all, we want to get
> the views of everyone who cycles whether for social reasons, as transport, or for their health.
> The eventual aim is to offer various types of organised cycling activities or events to appeal to
> everybody who enjoys cycling, from the top level Olympians or Elite riders, in ALL branches of
> cycling, through to active and passive cyclists including children. There is a separate web
> address for non-members, www.cyclingforall.org.uk. This is in order to remove any bias to British
> Cycling.
*snip*

This questionnaire is rubbish. I got three or so screens in and couldn't go any further since I hold
none of the four racing licences listed (I race time trials via CTT).

Robert

> This questionnaire is rubbish. I got three or so screens in and couldn't go any further since I
> hold none of the four racing licences listed (I race time trials via CTT).

I got further than that and I don't hold any licences. The survey is worth completing if only to
encourage the BCF to make their events and system more attractive to those of us who might be
interested to participate one day but are currently put off for various reasons.

~PB

> > This questionnaire is rubbish. I got three or so screens in and couldn't go any further since I
> > hold none of the four racing licences listed (I race time trials via CTT).
>
> I got further than that and I don't hold any licences. The survey is worth completing if only to
> encourage the BCF to make their events and system more attractive to those of us who might be
> interested to participate one day but are currently put off for various reasons.

God that was tedious. I went through the whole thing - it really was poorly worded, choices that
weren't anything I wanted to choose, and too biased towards the idea that somehow people would
choose cycling as a sport if only sporting events were arranged in a sufficiently attractive way -
which is the whole point I suppose. BCF exists to promote cycling as a sport, and cycling is much
more than that.

Rich

"Richard Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> BCF exists to promote cycling as a sport, and cycling is much more than that.

That's why I put a comment in one of the text fields that they should do more to promote cycling as
a whole, perhaps by dispelling the increasingly commonly held misconception that cycling is
dangerous. More recreational riders would almost inevitably lead to more cyclists interested in
competition.

Have fun!

Graeme

"Graeme" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Richard Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > BCF exists to promote cycling as a sport, and cycling is much more than that.
>
> That's why I put a comment in one of the text fields that they should do more to promote cycling
> as a whole, perhaps by dispelling the increasingly commonly held misconception that cycling is
> dangerous. More recreational riders would almost inevitably lead to more cyclists interested in
> competition.

Yes, I also wrote in one of the text boxes that they should encourage cycling as a means of
tran_sport, not just sport!

Rich