Survey says? rollers?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by 98gtw, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Pat

    Pat Guest

    [email protected] (Bruce Griffin) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Would someone please advise on where to obtain the Kreitler Challenge rollers or a website
    > address?
    >
    > I am looking for suitable rollers for a Challenge Jester.

    Go to Kreitler.com but keep in mind that you will need to order them through your local bike shop or
    your not so local bike shop....I know that Zach Kaplan can order them and have them sent directly to
    you and you get to support a bent provider. Also keep in mind that if your wheelbase needs to be
    less or slightly less than 46" as the front wheel needs to be positioned behind the front roller.

    Pat

  2. Bentjay

    Bentjay Guest

    I've been riding my Bikee RX on Kreitler Challenger rollers for three seasons. The best price is/was
    via Lickton's in Chicago but, the extensions and custom belts had to come directly from Krietler.
    BTW, I bought them just after Mr. Krietler died. The company has been sold so YMMV...

    I rode my df on no-name rollers for years so there was very little to the learning curve for me. I
    doubt that any benter would be able to take off their tee shirt while riding rollers, IMHO. I once
    saw the guy that leads very fast trans-ams remove his tee shirt no hands while riding rollers.
    What's his name: Len ...something?

    BentJay

  3. Bentjay

    Bentjay Guest

    I've been riding my Bikee RX on Kreitler Challenger rollers for three seasons. The best price is/was
    via Lickton's in Chicago but, the extensions and custom belts had to come directly from Krietler.
    BTW, I bought them just after Mr. Krietler died. The company has been sold so YMMV...

    I rode my df on no-name rollers for years so there was very little to the learning curve for me. I
    doubt that any benter would be able to take off their tee shirt while riding rollers, IMHO. I once
    saw the guy that leads very fast trans-ams remove his tee shirt no hands while riding rollers.
    What's his name: Len ...something?

    BentJay

  4. Carl

    Carl Guest

    in article [email protected], BentJay at [email protected] wrote on
    1/16/03 5:09 PM:

    > BTW, I bought them just after Mr. Krietler died. The company has been sold so YMMV...

    Apparently the family is still involved in the production and the quality hasn't changed. Mine are
    more recent and I haven't noticed any quality problems (of course, I don't have an experience with
    older ones to compare to).

    Any LBS should be able to order them.

    -Carl

  5. Carl