susp. settings for rear shock

gi##er

Aug 14, 2003
I have a Fuel 98 Trek and has wandering what pressure should i run in the rear shock I weigh 215lbs 6/3 i ride agressive trail no big drop offs

Originally posted by gi##er
I have a Fuel 98 Trek and has wandering what pressure should i run in the rear shock I weigh 215lbs 6/3 i ride agressive trail no big drop offs
That bike has a fox float doesnt it? If thats the case, then follow the bikes directions for it now fox's. Mainly set the pressure to somewhere around your weight. For you try setting it to about 225 lb/ sq. inch. If thats nice then keep it there, if not go down to about 110. Just mess w/ it like I did.
Good luck.

its proabably not a matter of sticking a particular pressure in the shock but rather adjusting the pressure up or down to get the right amount of sag

for cross country riding try about 25%.

this means measuring the overall length of the travel then adjusting the pressure so that when you sit on the bike with your weight evenly distributed 25% of the travel is taken up

its hard to specify settings because every bike has different leverage ratios for the shock

Originally posted by Duckwah
its proabably not a matter of sticking a particular pressure in the shock but rather adjusting the pressure up or down to get the right amount of sag

for cross country riding try about 25%.

this means measuring the overall length of the travel then adjusting the pressure so that when you sit on the bike with your weight evenly distributed 25% of the travel is taken up

its hard to specify settings because every bike has different leverage ratios for the shock
True...true take his advice on this one it makes more sense.