Suspended Seats

Tom Nicholson

Guest
So has anyone got them to work on a recumbent yet?

A quick bit of limited googling seemed to say that any decent amount of suspension on seats (esp. on
the rear seat struts/chainstays) makes for lots of pogo.

These came from older posts on usenet from the 90's mostly. I suspect however that with the advances
in suspension mechanisms that seat suspension may be possible for little weight penalty, as long as
the aim is ride comfort, and not greater contact of the wheels with the ground and the inherant
handling improvements...

Yup, I'm looking for a way to smooth the ride on a 20" SWB bike without dropping my tyre pressure
(yes I have a mesh seat, yes it's put on with elastic - I want more comfort!! :)

I think perhaps some sort of elastomer suspension might be the go, perhaps utilising the mechanisms
from standard upright seat suspension.

Tom

(Hopefully encouraging some vibrant discussion)

Tom,

Consider PanTour hubs....

jd

news:[email protected]...