suspension help

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon

Simon Guest

Him i have a 1996 Kona explosif which i bought as a frame only, and built up myself, with rigid
    project 2 forks. I want to switch to front suspension, but don't know a lot about it!

Can anyone reccomend me some forks to look at as a starting point (upto about 350 quid) I have been
    told that due to the frame geometry on the older frames, i shouldnt go above 80mm travel or it will
    raise the front end up too much, so am looking for forks with that sort of travel.

?air or oil ? lockout worth it or not?

I will have a look in some shops over the next few days, but just thought i would get some
    reccommendations here first.

Cheers, Simon

Tags:

2. Simon

Simon Guest

have just been looking on some websites and am considering:

rockshox sid race or duke race manitou skarab marzocchi MXpro ETA

anyone any experiences with these forks (or can anyone direct me to a site with some reviews!)

Thanks

Simon

3. Eatmorepies

Eatmorepies Guest

> rockshox sid race or duke race manitou skarab marzocchi MXpro ETA
    >
    > anyone any experiences with these forks (or can anyone direct me to a site with some reviews!)
    >

I use Marzocchi MX air forks - I bought them in 2001 and can't remember their code. They cost
    about £140 from Merlin and they are excellent. I use the bike for fairly rough tracks here in Mid
    Wales and nothing has given them a problem. They are low pressure and only require topping up
    every month or so.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.