Suspension seat post adapter thingummy

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mark Thompson, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Mark Thompson wrote:
    > How on earth does yer saddle fit onto this? Mine's got two bars underneath - how do they fit on,
    > or is it designed for different saddles? Or does the seatpost fit in it somehow?

    [ http://tinyurl.com/3eaw7 ]

    ...A most unusual item! One way of getting a lot of layback plus suspension. Just got to hope it's
    strong enough.

    It fits old-style plain seat posts that use a separate clip-on saddle clamp. The clamp would go on
    top of the adaptor.

    Perhaps someone could find an online picture of one of these clamps or clips or whatever you call
    them. I can't right now. I've got a spare one or two if anyone wants one for cost of p&p.

    ~PB p[at]biggs[dot]tc

  3. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Pete Biggs wrote:

    > It fits old-style plain seat posts that use a separate clip-on saddle clamp. The clamp would go on
    > top of the adaptor.
    >
    > Perhaps someone could find an online picture of one of these clamps or clips or whatever you call
    > them. I can't right now. I've got a spare one or two if anyone wants one for cost of p&p.

    As always, Sheldon delivers the goods: http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.cfm?PageID=49&SKU=ST4200

    Tony