Suspension seat post adapter thingummy

Mark Thompson wrote:
> How on earth does yer saddle fit onto this? Mine's got two bars underneath - how do they fit on,
> or is it designed for different saddles? Or does the seatpost fit in it somehow?

[ http://tinyurl.com/3eaw7 ]

...A most unusual item! One way of getting a lot of layback plus suspension. Just got to hope it's
strong enough.

It fits old-style plain seat posts that use a separate clip-on saddle clamp. The clamp would go on
top of the adaptor.

Perhaps someone could find an online picture of one of these clamps or clips or whatever you call
them. I can't right now. I've got a spare one or two if anyone wants one for cost of p&p.

~PB p[at]biggs[dot]tc

Pete Biggs wrote:

> It fits old-style plain seat posts that use a separate clip-on saddle clamp. The clamp would go on
> top of the adaptor.
>
> Perhaps someone could find an online picture of one of these clamps or clips or whatever you call
> them. I can't right now. I've got a spare one or two if anyone wants one for cost of p&p.

As always, Sheldon delivers the goods: http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.cfm?PageID=49&SKU=ST4200

Tony