Suspension Seat Posts??

Gags

Guest
Anyone ever tried one of the Cane Creek Thudbuster suspension posts?

http://www.thudbuster.com/products.html

I am thinking of trying one of the Long Travel models (3 inches of elastomer
travel) for my XC mtb but I'm a bit concerned about how much it will sag
just with my 100 or so kg on it (even with the very masculine purple
elastomers for heavier riders).

There are stacks of good reviews on the web but I would be keen to hear from
anyone here who might have used one.

Ride On,

Gags

Gags wrote:
> Anyone ever tried one of the Cane Creek Thudbuster suspension posts?
>
> There are stacks of good reviews on the web but I would be keen to hear from
> anyone here who might have used one.

I've been riding on one for about a year. I'm 105kg, Just use the black
elastometers, they didn't have purple ones back when I bought it.

Love it. Would buy another if ever needed.

The first few weeks it felt a bit funny.. previously I had a telescopic
post.. the thudbuster moves backwards when it compresses.. you'll keep
stopping to check your headset because it feels like that's moving
forward rather than you seat moving backwards. Eventually you'll get
used to it and not even notice without concentrating.

Beautifully constructed, never had to adjust/service it.

Evan

"Gags" <gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone ever tried one of the Cane Creek Thudbuster suspension posts?
>
> http://www.thudbuster.com/products.html
>
> I am thinking of trying one of the Long Travel models (3 inches of

elastomer
> travel) for my XC mtb but I'm a bit concerned about how much it will sag
> just with my 100 or so kg on it (even with the very masculine purple
> elastomers for heavier riders).
>
> There are stacks of good reviews on the web but I would be keen to hear

from
> anyone here who might have used one.
>
> Ride On,
>
> Gags

I'm very happy with it. Sag is adjustable

B,.ert.

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu