Suspension seatposts?

ScottishDan

Jul 26, 2005
I'm considering investing in one of these for my old rigid MTB. Has anybody got any experience of these things?

Brilliant!!

I have one on both my bikes, yes even the tri bike!!

My Physio said anyone over 40 needs this and/or carbon stays and seatpost to protect their back. He's right.

I have one ... cushy ride and cheap insurance against poorly performed "posting" off the saddle ...... boing boing goes yer butt.

huhenio said:
I have one ... cushy ride and cheap insurance against poorly performed "posting" off the saddle ...... boing boing goes yer butt.
Forget cushy.....just today I traded in the Hybrid which had the feel of an old Caprice for a 7300 X alph sL Bontrager with disc brakes and NOW, yes, I can feel the road beneath my butt.....so thanks for your insite into my problem with "heft" to a bike....not heft...just too many dern springs and suspension posts.

Just as long as you REMEMBER TO BOLT THE SEAT ON PROPERLY, they are just dandy...

not a patch on a rear suspension pivot frame though.

MountainPro said:
Just as long as you REMEMBER TO BOLT THE SEAT ON PROPERLY, they are just dandy...

not a patch on a rear suspension pivot frame though.
One seatpost up the **** is quite enough for me thank you, mind you those rubber gaitors that cover the spring.....ah never mind :D