Sustrans

> >The thing that really rats me off about cycleways is th all too frequent "Cyclists Dismount"
> >signs. If I want to walk I'd leave my bike behind.
>
> Over here (NL) such signs are only there to protect road workers from liability, and are only
> "advisory". Does the same hold true in Blighty?

I think they are only advisory - they are blue rectangular signs, not round.

There is no such thing as a "you may now remount" sign.

Jeremy Parker

Jeremy Parker wrote:
>>>The thing that really rats me off about cycleways is th all too frequent "Cyclists Dismount"
>>>signs. If I want to walk I'd leave my bike behind.
>>
>>Over here (NL) such signs are only there to protect road workers from liability, and are only
>>"advisory". Does the same hold true in Blighty?
>>

> I think they are only advisory - they are blue rectangular signs, not round.

That would be true if the highway code holds court where they are placed.

> There is no such thing as a "you may now remount" sign.

Don't even suggest that to anyone involved in disposing of the councils budget for cycling.

--
Jim Price

http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com

Aye!.

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:31:00 +0000, Jeremy Parker <[email protected]> wrote:

>I think they are only advisory - they are blue rectangular signs, not round.
>
>There is no such thing as a "you may now remount" sign.

Hi Jeremy

There are a few round-shaped "get off your bike" signs around here -

or half way over a humped back bridges. They're pointless, at least where they're placed.

Personally, I ignore them.

James