SW Montana Trails?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Johkar, May 4, 2003.

  1. Johkar

    Johkar Guest

    As part of a 2 week vacation we will be spending about 7 days in the Big Sky area. I am looking for
    intermediate and advanced trails to ride. Also, we haven't quite made our condo reservations yet,
    any recommendations on which valley to stay that has good hiking, biking, and food choices within 30
    miles. Best shop for ride info.

    John

    Tags:

  2. Baxter

    Baxter Guest

    "johkar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > As part of a 2 week vacation we will be spending about 7 days in the Big
    Sky
    > area. I am looking for intermediate and advanced trails to ride. Also,
    we
    > haven't quite made our condo reservations yet, any recommendations on
    which
    > valley to stay that has good hiking, biking, and food choices within 30 miles. Best shop for
    > ride info.
    >
    > John

    Hey John, Check www.mtbr.com and check trail reviews for Montana. It's a great resource. I'm heading
    to Bend Oregon for some riding this August and can't wait!

    Greg

  3. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Baxter wrote:
    > "johkar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]k.net...
    >> As part of a 2 week vacation we will be spending about 7 days in the Big Sky area. I am looking
    >> for intermediate and advanced trails to ride. Also, we haven't quite made our condo reservations
    >> yet, any recommendations on which valley to stay that has good hiking, biking, and food choices
    >> within 30 miles. Best shop for ride info.
    >>
    >> John
    >>

    > Hey John, Check www.mtbr.com and check trail reviews for Montana. It's a great resource. I'm
    > heading to Bend Oregon for some riding this August and can't wait!
    >
    > Greg

    Greg, don't know if I had a conversation with you but I spent a week camping out there last summer
    and did a lot of leg work for trails , have links, know the name of the good local trail map etc...
    if you want to talk about it at all.

    Penny

  4. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "johkar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > As part of a 2 week vacation we will be spending about 7 days in the Big Sky area. I am looking
    > for intermediate and advanced trails to ride. Also, we haven't quite made our condo reservations
    > yet, any recommendations on which valley to stay that has good hiking, biking, and food choices
    > within 30 miles. Best shop for ride info.

    Use anything but the lame information from mtbr.com. The reviews on nthat site are subjective to the
    views of any e-tard that wants to call themselves a "mountain biker".

    Call the state VCB and have them send you information.

    JD

  5. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    > "johkar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > As part of a 2 week vacation we will be spending about 7 days in the Big Sky area. I am looking
    > > for intermediate and advanced trails to ride. Also, we haven't quite made our condo reservations
    > > yet, any recommendations on which valley to stay that has good hiking, biking, and food choices
    > > within 30 miles. Best shop for ride info.
    >
    > Use anything but the lame information from mtbr.com. The reviews on nthat site are subjective to
    > the views of any e-tard that wants to call themselves a "mountain biker".
    >
    > Call the state VCB and have them send you information.
    >
    > JD

    Good point. A trail I reviewed on MTBR a few years back, I rated "advanced." Now I could be
    embarrassed by somebody reading my review and riding the trail after the do-gooders and trail-nazis
    have sanitized all the good stuff out of it.

    Paladin btw, worst winter I ever spent was a summer in Montana...pack a jacket.