Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Swap lower legs on fork?

Started by clubob · · Last activity · 2 posts · 400 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
1 December 2004
Last activity
2 December 2004
Original author
clubob
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
400
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've got a Bontrager with a 1" threaded steerer with an old Judy. Can
    I swap out the lower legs for modern Rockshox lower legs of the same
    diameter and keep the steerer/triple clamp assembly? thanks

  2. clubob said:

    I've got a Bontrager with a 1" threaded steerer with an old Judy. Can
    I swap out the lower legs for modern Rockshox lower legs of the same
    diameter and keep the steerer/triple clamp assembly? thanks

    The travels might not match up identically. Also, the fixing mechanisms at
    the bottom of the legs are likely different, and thus will need different
    washers/rods/drilling/threading, etc. As far as I know, the dual-crown
    Judys were 80mm of travel, so a set of 80mm lowers might work, but YMMV
    greatly.
    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.