Swap Meet at the LA Velodrome Jan 28

Slack

Guest
I have no idea how good or bad it will be, so don't blame me. The
velodrome is right next door to the Home Depot Center, Cal State Dominguez
and just a couple miles from the 110 & 91 fwy intersection.
I'm going to try yo make it because I'd like to pick up a little 48cm
track bike. Hopefully they'll be some mtb stuff, too.

http://lavelodrome.org/Events/20070128SwapMeet.pdf

Be careful and don't go sight seeing when you get off the freeway;
although the velodrome isn't in a real bad area, Compton and Watts are
just up the street. I wouldn't want to hear about you overly white people
get'n shot.
--
Slack

Slack wrote:
> I have no idea how good or bad it will be, so don't blame me. The
> velodrome is right next door to the Home Depot Center, Cal State
> Dominguez and just a couple miles from the 110 & 91 fwy intersection.
> I'm going to try yo make it because I'd like to pick up a little 48cm
> track bike. Hopefully they'll be some mtb stuff, too.
>
> http://lavelodrome.org/Events/20070128SwapMeet.pdf
>

> Be careful and don't go sight seeing when you get off the freeway;
> although the velodrome isn't in a real bad area, Compton and Watts are
> just up the street. I wouldn't want to hear about you overly white
> people get'n shot.
> --Slack

And you'll just use you east LA Chicano slang on any perpetrators that
come by? Better pick up a rainbow skull cap. That'll confuse them.

Get there early if you want the good stuff. The one in eastern PA was
only good for the first hour.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 19:41:57 -0800, Ride-A-Lot
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Slack wrote:
>> I have no idea how good or bad it will be, so don't blame me. The
>> velodrome is right next door to the Home Depot Center, Cal State
>> Dominguez and just a couple miles from the 110 & 91 fwy intersection.
>> I'm going to try yo make it because I'd like to pick up a little 48cm
>> track bike. Hopefully they'll be some mtb stuff, too.
>> http://lavelodrome.org/Events/20070128SwapMeet.pdf
>> Be careful and don't go sight seeing when you get off the freeway;
>> although the velodrome isn't in a real bad area, Compton and Watts are
>> just up the street. I wouldn't want to hear about you overly white
>> people get'n shot.
>> --Slack

> And you'll just use you east LA Chicano slang on any perpetrators that
> come by? Better pick up a rainbow skull cap. That'll confuse them.

Naw, I almost always get along well with our dark brothers and especially
the sistas :)

> Get there early if you want the good stuff. The one in eastern PA was
> only good for the first hour.

Thanks, that was what I was wondering -- I'm assuming it will be rather
limited/small pickings. Plus, I just realized they are running a race that
same day.
--
Slack

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Slack wrote:
> > I have no idea how good or bad it will be, so don't blame me. The
> > velodrome is right next door to the Home Depot Center, Cal State
> > Dominguez and just a couple miles from the 110 & 91 fwy intersection.
> > I'm going to try yo make it because I'd like to pick up a little 48cm
> > track bike. Hopefully they'll be some mtb stuff, too.
> >
> > http://lavelodrome.org/Events/20070128SwapMeet.pdf
> >

> > Be careful and don't go sight seeing when you get off the freeway;
> > although the velodrome isn't in a real bad area, Compton and Watts are
> > just up the street. I wouldn't want to hear about you overly white
> > people get'n shot.
> > --Slack

> And you'll just use you east LA Chicano slang on any perpetrators that
> come by? Better pick up a rainbow skull cap. That'll confuse them.
>
> Get there early if you want the good stuff. The one in eastern PA was
> only good for the first hour.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

Trexlertown? First hour AND last hour.

First hour you can get all the used, weird, interesting stuff from they
guys selling stuff on top of a sheet on the grass. Last hour is when
you hit the bike shops who don't want to have to put that stuff back
into the truck.

It's a good time.

/s

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 07:33:47 -0800, Scott Gordo <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> Slack wrote:
>> > I have no idea how good or bad it will be, so don't blame me. The
>> > velodrome is right next door to the Home Depot Center, Cal State
>> > Dominguez and just a couple miles from the 110 & 91 fwy intersection.
>> > I'm going to try yo make it because I'd like to pick up a little 48cm
>> > track bike. Hopefully they'll be some mtb stuff, too.
>> >
>> > http://lavelodrome.org/Events/20070128SwapMeet.pdf
>> >

>> > Be careful and don't go sight seeing when you get off the freeway;
>> > although the velodrome isn't in a real bad area, Compton and Watts are
>> > just up the street. I wouldn't want to hear about you overly white
>> > people get'n shot.
>> > --Slack

>> And you'll just use you east LA Chicano slang on any perpetrators that
>> come by? Better pick up a rainbow skull cap. That'll confuse them.
>>
>> Get there early if you want the good stuff. The one in eastern PA was
>> only good for the first hour.
>>
>> --
>> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
>> www.schnauzers.ws

> Trexlertown? First hour AND last hour.
>
> First hour you can get all the used, weird, interesting stuff from they
> guys selling stuff on top of a sheet on the grass. Last hour is when
> you hit the bike shops who don't want to have to put that stuff back
> into the truck.
>
> It's a good time.
>
> /s

Excellent points... thanks for tip.
--
Slack

Slack wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 07:33:47 -0800, Scott Gordo <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

> > Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> >> And you'll just use you east LA Chicano slang on any perpetrators that
> >> come by? Better pick up a rainbow skull cap. That'll confuse them.
> >>
> >> Get there early if you want the good stuff. The one in eastern PA was
> >> only good for the first hour.
> >>
> >> --
> >> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> >> www.schnauzers.ws

> > Trexlertown? First hour AND last hour.
> >
> > First hour you can get all the used, weird, interesting stuff from they
> > guys selling stuff on top of a sheet on the grass. Last hour is when
> > you hit the bike shops who don't want to have to put that stuff back
> > into the truck.
> >
> > It's a good time.
> >
> > /s
> >

> Excellent points... thanks for tip.
> --
> Slack

GRS garbage!

JD

JD wrote:
> Slack wrote:
> > On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 07:33:47 -0800, Scott Gordo <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> > > Trexlertown? First hour AND last hour.
> > >
> > > First hour you can get all the used, weird, interesting stuff from they
> > > guys selling stuff on top of a sheet on the grass. Last hour is when
> > > you hit the bike shops who don't want to have to put that stuff back
> > > into the truck.
> > >
> > > It's a good time.
> > >
> > > /s
> > >

> > Excellent points... thanks for tip.
> > --
> > Slack

> GRS garbage!
>
> JD

JD, you get so butch when you're defensive!

/s

Slack wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 07:33:47 -0800, Scott Gordo <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

> > Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> >> And you'll just use you east LA Chicano slang on any perpetrators that
> >> come by? Better pick up a rainbow skull cap. That'll confuse them.
> >>
> >> Get there early if you want the good stuff. The one in eastern PA was
> >> only good for the first hour.
> >>
> >> --
> >> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> >> www.schnauzers.ws

> > Trexlertown? First hour AND last hour.
> >
> > First hour you can get all the used, weird, interesting stuff from they
> > guys selling stuff on top of a sheet on the grass. Last hour is when
> > you hit the bike shops who don't want to have to put that stuff back
> > into the truck.
> >
> > It's a good time.
> >
> > /s
> >

> Excellent points... thanks for tip.
> --
> Slack

That's how it works in Trexlertown, anyway. No experience with the Home
Depot deal, but I'll bet there'll be lots of interesting vintage steel
stuff in So Cal that wouldn't survive the Northeast's weather.

/s

Scott Gordo wrote:

> That's how it works in Trexlertown, anyway. No experience with the Home
> Depot deal, but I'll bet there'll be lots of interesting vintage steel
> stuff in So Cal that wouldn't survive the Northeast's weather.

I'd really like to stop by to check it out but in all likelihood I'll be
moving that weekend.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 10:13:59 -0800, G.T. <[email protected]> wrote:

> Scott Gordo wrote:
>> That's how it works in Trexlertown, anyway. No experience with the
>> Depot deal, but I'll bet there'll be lots of interesting vintage steel
>> stuff in So Cal that wouldn't survive the Northeast's weather.

> I'd really like to stop by to check it out but in all likelihood I'll be
> moving that weekend.
>
> Greg

Moving again.... didn't you just recently move?
--
Slack

Greg said:
We're still holding out hope
that we'll find another place cheap place in the foothills, La
Crescenta, La Canada, Altadena, Pasadena, Sierra Madre or Monrovia.
Sierra Madre is our top choice because of trail access up Mt Wilson and
it's a nice area but currently there are only 2 places for rent under
$2000 a month.

That's the START point? Wow, that's nuts. I thought Boston was bad,
but you can get a decent spot for a grand, and 2 will get you something
really nice, really big or with a view. Anyway, good luck.

[email protected] wrote:
> Greg said:
> We're still holding out hope
> that we'll find another place cheap place in the foothills, La
> Crescenta, La Canada, Altadena, Pasadena, Sierra Madre or Monrovia.
> Sierra Madre is our top choice because of trail access up Mt Wilson and
> it's a nice area but currently there are only 2 places for rent under
> $2000 a month.
>

> That's the START point? Wow, that's nuts. I thought Boston was bad,
> but you can get a decent spot for a grand, and 2 will get you something
> really nice, really big or with a view. Anyway, good luck.

I read in the Times a couple of weeks ago that the median rent in Los
Angeles county is $1700. 6 years ago it was $600.

Greg

--

G.T. wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Greg said:
> > We're still holding out hope
> > that we'll find another place cheap place in the foothills, La
> > Crescenta, La Canada, Altadena, Pasadena, Sierra Madre or Monrovia.
> > Sierra Madre is our top choice because of trail access up Mt Wilson and
> > it's a nice area but currently there are only 2 places for rent under
> > $2000 a month.
> >

> > That's the START point? Wow, that's nuts. I thought Boston was bad,
> > but you can get a decent spot for a grand, and 2 will get you something
> > really nice, really big or with a view. Anyway, good luck.
> >

> I read in the Times a couple of weeks ago that the median rent in Los
> Angeles county is $1700. 6 years ago it was $600.
>
> Greg
>
> --
> "All my time I spent in heaven
> Revelries of dance and wine
> Waking to the sound of laughter
> Up I'd rise and kiss the sky" - The Mekons

Ugh. Don't get me started on NYC.

/s

"Scott Gordo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> G.T. wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>> > Greg said:
>> > We're still holding out hope
>> > that we'll find another place cheap place in the foothills, La
>> > Crescenta, La Canada, Altadena, Pasadena, Sierra Madre or Monrovia.
>> > Sierra Madre is our top choice because of trail access up Mt Wilson and
>> > it's a nice area but currently there are only 2 places for rent under
>> > $2000 a month.
>> >

>> > That's the START point? Wow, that's nuts. I thought Boston was bad,
>> > but you can get a decent spot for a grand, and 2 will get you something
>> > really nice, really big or with a view. Anyway, good luck.
>> >

>> I read in the Times a couple of weeks ago that the median rent in Los
>> Angeles county is $1700. 6 years ago it was $600.
>>
>> Greg
>>
>> --
>> "All my time I spent in heaven
>> Revelries of dance and wine
>> Waking to the sound of laughter
>> Up I'd rise and kiss the sky" - The Mekons

> Ugh. Don't get me started on NYC.
>
> /s

a customer's daughter just moved to London......$8000 US/month for 1000 sq
ft flat.

Gary (yea, I have some high end customers....)