Swapping bateries & not losing data in a Cateye computer

In article
<[email protected]>,
Ben C <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 2007-08-04, Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
> > BCDrums wrote:

> >> Alas, not this one. That's a great idea.

> >> No can do in Cateye Astrale....

> > Yes you can. Set the bicycle upside down on the floor and spin the wheel
> > with the cyclometer sensor until the mileage matches the value prior to
> > battery replacement. ;)

> Remembering of course to repack the wheel bearings a few times during
> the process.

Or put the magnet on an electric fan and hold the sensor next to it.

--
Michael Press

[email protected] wrote:
> On Aug 1, 12:54 pm, BigBlueToe <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Aug 1, 5:08 am, BCDrums <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Another thread got me thinking about this...has anyone ever replaced the
>>> batteries in a Cateye computer and not lost all data? If so, how'd ya do it?
>>> BC
>>> low power

>> I have a Performance computer (Axiom). Its literature said I had
>> something like 30 seconds to make the switch before I would lose any
>> data. I replaced my battery this summer prior to a tour, and they
>> were right - all the data stayed intact.

> I have a Cateye Astrale cc100 and the manual says if you swap the
> battery within 20 seconds it will keep settings and odometer info. I
> wish I have known this when I let the old battery die in December.
>
> Thusly did a friend of some friends supposedly flip his odometer at
> 100000k miles.--Shane

I swapped my battery today. The old one was not dead. I put in the new
battery in under two seconds. All data reset to original settings.

So to answer my own question, ya can't do it.

Now you know the REST of the story.

BC
born again odometer