Swapping Out Seat Rails on a Selle Turbo??

David Jones

Guest
I was thinking of putting my Selle Italia through an experiment. I have a
Selle SLR XP with light weight tubular vanox rails, laying around doing
nothing. I was thinking. . Can I pull the rails out on the XP, and put them
into my Turbo-Matic Quattro??

Any one try this??

David Jones wrote:

> I was thinking of putting my Selle Italia through an experiment. I have a
> Selle SLR XP with light weight tubular vanox rails, laying around doing
> nothing. I was thinking. . Can I pull the rails out on the XP, and put them
> into my Turbo-Matic Quattro??
>
> Any one try this??

If you make a fixture to bend the rails for removal and then
rebend them into the other shell it will be possible but
difficult.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

The saddle companies use a special machine to insert the rails. When I
pulled a Regal off the rails last year, by driving into a parking garage
with my bike on the rack (duh!) I called San Marco! They charge $25 to fix
reinstall the saddle on the rails, but unfortunately, the only machine in
Europe, and the process would take six weeks or so.

Long and short -- you can get the saddle off the rails if you don't mind the
damage on the roofline of your vehicle, but it's unlikely that you'll be
able to reinstall the other ones.

"A Muzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> David Jones wrote:
>
> > I was thinking of putting my Selle Italia through an experiment. I have

> > Selle SLR XP with light weight tubular vanox rails, laying around doing
> > nothing. I was thinking. . Can I pull the rails out on the XP, and put

them
> > into my Turbo-Matic Quattro??
> >
> > Any one try this??

> If you make a fixture to bend the rails for removal and then
> rebend them into the other shell it will be possible but
> difficult.
>

> --
> Andrew Muzi
> www.yellowjersey.org
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

i unrailed a flite last year but managed to get it back together by
warming it carefully to make the plastic core flexible but not melt it,
then using a pry-bar and my foot to exert the necessary leverage to slot
it all back into place.

worked ok. now, you'd never know.