Swapping walks and routes via GPS

Tony

Guest
Hi,
Are there any websites where I might be able to download routes and trails
to put into my Garmin Geko and maybe upload some of my own.

Many Thanks
Tony

Depends what software you're using.

Anquet (www.anquet.co.uk) provide this facility for their software, I'm
guessing that the others (Memory Map, Tracklogs, Fugawi) do the same.

Trail magazine publish their routes online (in MM format?) at
www.trailroutes.com.

Googling around will find you more.

"druidh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Depends what software you're using.
>
> Anquet (www.anquet.co.uk) provide this facility for their software, I'm
> guessing that the others (Memory Map, Tracklogs, Fugawi) do the same.
>
> Trail magazine publish their routes online (in MM format?) at
> www.trailroutes.com.
>
> Googling around will find you more.

Thank you very much D. that will get me started.
Cheers
Tony

In message <[email protected]>, Tony <[email protected]>
writes
>Hi,
>Are there any websites where I might be able to download routes and trails
>to put into my Garmin Geko and maybe upload some of my own.
>
>Many Thanks
>Tony

See:

http://www.lakedistrictwalks.com/gps/routesa.html#north east

http://www.36haroldstreet.freeserve.co.uk/GPS.htm

http://www.gpswalker.cwc.net/routepage.htm

http://www.heathrowhikers.org/gpsroutes.htm

As mentioned by druidh Anquet have a large database at:

http://www.anquet.co.uk/routes.asp

The latest (beta) version of GPS Utility (highly recommended even if you
own Anquet or similar, and not expensive) accepts imports & exports of
Anquet ARF files:

http://www.gpsu.co.uk/

Regards

--
Neil Pugh

"Neil Pugh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In message <[email protected]>, Tony <[email protected]> writes
>>Hi,
>>Are there any websites where I might be able to download routes and trails
>>to put into my Garmin Geko and maybe upload some of my own.
>>
>>Many Thanks
>>Tony
>>

> See:
>
> http://www.lakedistrictwalks.com/gps/routesa.html#north east
>
> http://www.36haroldstreet.freeserve.co.uk/GPS.htm
>
> http://www.gpswalker.cwc.net/routepage.htm
>
> http://www.heathrowhikers.org/gpsroutes.htm
>

> As mentioned by druidh Anquet have a large database at:
>
> http://www.anquet.co.uk/routes.asp
>

> The latest (beta) version of GPS Utility (highly recommended even if you
> own Anquet or similar, and not expensive) accepts imports & exports of
> Anquet ARF files:
>
> http://www.gpsu.co.uk/
>
> Regards
>

> --
> Neil Pugh

That's great Neil,
Thanks for the links.

Tony

Ysgrifennodd "Tony" <[email protected]> mewn neges
newyddion:[email protected]...
> Hi,
> Are there any websites where I might be able to download routes and trails
> to put into my Garmin Geko and maybe upload some of my own.
>
> Many Thanks
> Tony

Tony,

I have GPS files in .gpx, .mmo and .trl formats (.gpx should import into any
decent GPS Software, the others for Memory Map and Tracklogs) on my site,
www.walkeryri.org.uk . This site is for Snowdonia only.

Another site i found recently that might be more what you're looking for is
http://www.trailexchange.co.uk
You can swap .gpx files here and post your own. However, my attempts at
doing so were rather abortive, and i haven't had the time to bother again.

HTH

T Dave R

p.s. as for uploading files, i'm up for putting a gps file page on my site
if anyone wants to send me any files. Snowdonia only though.
--

Walk in Snowdonia
www.walkeryri.org.uk

Ysgrifennodd "Dafydd Ap Arwyn" <[email protected]> mewn neges
newyddion:[email protected]...
> Ysgrifennodd "Tony" <[email protected]> mewn neges
> newyddion:[email protected]...
>> Hi,
>> Are there any websites where I might be able to download routes and
>> trails to put into my Garmin Geko and maybe upload some of my own.
>>
>> Many Thanks
>> Tony
>>

> Tony,
>
> I have GPS files in .gpx, .mmo and .trl formats (.gpx should import into
> any decent GPS Software, the others for Memory Map and Tracklogs) on my
> site, www.walkeryri.org.uk . This site is for Snowdonia only.
>
> Another site i found recently that might be more what you're looking for
> is http://www.trailexchange.co.uk
> You can swap .gpx files here and post your own. However, my attempts at
> doing so were rather abortive, and i haven't had the time to bother again.

Should look more carefully next time!

The two routes i submitted are now on the site (under Wales)

--

Walking in Snowdonia
www.walkeryri.org.uk

"Dafydd Ap Arwyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ysgrifennodd "Tony" <[email protected]> mewn neges
> newyddion:[email protected]...
>> Hi,
>> Are there any websites where I might be able to download routes and
>> trails to put into my Garmin Geko and maybe upload some of my own.
>>
>> Many Thanks
>> Tony
>>

> Tony,
>
> I have GPS files in .gpx, .mmo and .trl formats (.gpx should import into
> any decent GPS Software, the others for Memory Map and Tracklogs) on my
> site, www.walkeryri.org.uk . This site is for Snowdonia only.
>
> Another site i found recently that might be more what you're looking for
> is http://www.trailexchange.co.uk
> You can swap .gpx files here and post your own. However, my attempts at
> doing so were rather abortive, and i haven't had the time to bother again.
>
> HTH
>
> T Dave R
>
> p.s. as for uploading files, i'm up for putting a gps file page on my site
> if anyone wants to send me any files. Snowdonia only though.
> --
>
> Walk in Snowdonia
> www.walkeryri.org.uk

Thanks Dafydd.