Swaps: Josie Dew books

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by MSeries, Jun 9, 2004.

  1. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    I have three Josie Dew books: The Wind in my Wheels, Travels in a Strange
    State and Ride to the Neon Sun. I am prepared to swap any one of these, your
    choice, for any one of the following

    The Sun in my Eyes - Josie Dew
    A Bike Ride - Ann Mustoe
    Flying Scotsman - Graeme Obree

    My books are paperbacks in almost perfect condition, read once or twice and
    unmarked. Please leave a message and/or email me

    Tags:

  2. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    John Mallard wrote:
    > MSeries wrote:
    >> I have three Josie Dew books: The Wind in my Wheels, Travels in a
    >> Strange State and Ride to the Neon Sun. I am prepared to swap any one
    >> of these, your choice, for any one of the following
    >>
    >> The Sun in my Eyes - Josie Dew
    >> A Bike Ride - Ann Mustoe
    >> Flying Scotsman - Graeme Obree
    >>
    >> My books are paperbacks in almost perfect condition, read once or
    >> twice and unmarked. Please leave a message and/or email me

    > I'd like The Wind in my Wheels.
    > I can give you Ride in the Neon Sun.
    >
    > (If I'm not too late)
    >
    > [email protected]

    You are not too late, consider The Wind in my Wheels gone. I'll email you
    now John

  3. John Mallard

    John Mallard Guest

    --
    Cheerful Pedalling
    John Mallard

  4. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    John Mallard wrote:
    > MSeries wrote:
    >> I have three Josie Dew books: The Wind in my Wheels, Travels in a
    >> Strange State and Ride to the Neon Sun. I am prepared to swap any one
    >> of these, your choice, for any one of the following
    >>
    >> The Sun in my Eyes - Josie Dew
    >> A Bike Ride - Ann Mustoe
    >> Flying Scotsman - Graeme Obree
    >>
    >> My books are paperbacks in almost perfect condition, read once or
    >> twice and unmarked. Please leave a message and/or email me

    > I'd like The Wind in my Wheels.
    > I can give you Ride in the Neon Sun.
    >
    > (If I'm not too late)
    >
    > [email protected]

    Ooops. I already have Ride in the Neon Sun - deal off

  5. John Mallard

    John Mallard Guest

    John Mallard wrote:
    > MSeries wrote:
    >> I have three Josie Dew books: The Wind in my Wheels, Travels in a
    >> Strange State and Ride to the Neon Sun. I am prepared to swap any one
    >> of these, your choice, for any one of the following
    >>
    >> The Sun in my Eyes - Josie Dew
    >> A Bike Ride - Ann Mustoe
    >> Flying Scotsman - Graeme Obree
    >>
    >> My books are paperbacks in almost perfect condition, read once or
    >> twice and unmarked. Please leave a message and/or email me

    > I'd like The Wind in my Wheels.
    > I can give you Ride in the Neon Sun.
    >
    > (If I'm not too late)
    >
    > [email protected]

    Doh! I got that wrong didn't I?

    OK, I also have a copy of Sun in Eyes
    It's harback though

    --
    Cheerful Pedalling
    John Mallard

  6. Call me Bob

    Call me Bob Guest

    On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:25:28 +0100, "MSeries" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >> I'd like The Wind in my Wheels.
    >> I can give you Ride in the Neon Sun.
    >>
    >> (If I'm not too late)
    >>
    >> [email protected]

    >Ooops. I already have Ride in the Neon Sun - deal off

    In that case, hope you don't mind if I barge in and complete the deal?

    I have a copy of Wind in my Wheels and would be happy to swap it for
    Neon Sun. I'll email directly with details.

    --

    "Bob"

    'The people have spoken, the bastards'

    Email address is spam trapped.
    To reply directly remove the beverage.

  7. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:25:28 +0100, "MSeries" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >> I'd like The Wind in my Wheels.
    > >> I can give you Ride in the Neon Sun.
    > >>
    > >> (If I'm not too late)
    > >>
    > >> [email protected]

    > >Ooops. I already have Ride in the Neon Sun - deal off

    > In that case, hope you don't mind if I barge in and complete the deal?
    >
    > I have a copy of Wind in my Wheels and would be happy to swap it for
    > Neon Sun. I'll email directly with details.

    Nooo. I already have Neon Sun, its Sun in my Eyes/A Bike Ride/Flying
    Scotsman I'm after.

  8. Call me Bob

    Call me Bob Guest

    On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:56:40 +0100, "MSeries" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >> I have a copy of Wind in my Wheels and would be happy to swap it for
    >> Neon Sun. I'll email directly with details.

    >Nooo. I already have Neon Sun, its Sun in my Eyes/A Bike Ride/Flying
    >Scotsman I'm after.

    I know :eek:)

    I was hoping you didn't mind me stepping in and doing the deal with
    John Mallard, my Wind in Wheels for his Neon Sun. When I said I'll
    email, I meant him, heh.

    Anyway, I notice John has posted again and said he does have a copy of
    a book you are after, although in hardback. So, I'll take a backseat
    if you two can do the deal, don't wish to tread on any toes.

    If it doesn't happen for whatever reason, give me a shout John.
    --

    "Bob"

    'The people have spoken, the bastards'

    Email address is spam trapped.
    To reply directly remove the beverage.

  9. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:56:40 +0100, "MSeries" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >> I have a copy of Wind in my Wheels and would be happy to swap it for
    > >> Neon Sun. I'll email directly with details.

    > >Nooo. I already have Neon Sun, its Sun in my Eyes/A Bike Ride/Flying
    > >Scotsman I'm after.

    > I know :eek:)
    >
    > I was hoping you didn't mind me stepping in and doing the deal with
    > John Mallard, my Wind in Wheels for his Neon Sun. When I said I'll
    > email, I meant him, heh.
    >
    > Anyway, I notice John has posted again and said he does have a copy of
    > a book you are after, although in hardback. So, I'll take a backseat
    > if you two can do the deal, don't wish to tread on any toes.
    >
    > If it doesn't happen for whatever reason, give me a shout John.
    > --
    >
    > "Bob"
    >
    > 'The people have spoken, the bastards'
    >
    > Email address is spam trapped.
    > To reply directly remove the beverage.

    John & I have done a deal but not involving Neon Sun so you may be in luck.

  10. Jason Wyatt

    Jason Wyatt Guest

    I have "A Bike Ride" in paperback and you can have it, although I
    already have all the Josie books you have (my 'Neon' is signed by the
    Lady herself!) email me to sort out how to get it to you.

    Jason

    [email protected]
    (take out my rubbish to reply)

    On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 18:59:01 +0100, "MSeries" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I have three Josie Dew books: The Wind in my Wheels, Travels in a Strange
    >State and Ride to the Neon Sun. I am prepared to swap any one of these, your
    >choice, for any one of the following
    >
    >The Sun in my Eyes - Josie Dew
    >A Bike Ride - Ann Mustoe
    >Flying Scotsman - Graeme Obree
    >
    >My books are paperbacks in almost perfect condition, read once or twice and
    >unmarked. Please leave a message and/or email me

  11. On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:25:28 +0100, "MSeries" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Ooops. I already have Ride in the Neon Sun - deal off

    You could still do a fellow URCer a favour by swapping anyway - you
    don't end up much worse off ...
    --
    Young Musician of the Year 2004 was a fiddle

  12. congokid

    congokid Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, John Mallard
    <[email protected]?.invalid> writes
    >John Mallard wrote:
    >> MSeries wrote:
    >>> I have three Josie Dew books: The Wind in my Wheels, Travels in a
    >>> Strange State and Ride to the Neon Sun. I am prepared to swap any one
    >>> of these, your choice, for any one of the following
    >>>
    >>> The Sun in my Eyes - Josie Dew
    >>> A Bike Ride - Ann Mustoe
    >>> Flying Scotsman - Graeme Obree
    >>>
    >>> My books are paperbacks in almost perfect condition, read once or
    >>> twice and unmarked. Please leave a message and/or email me

    >> I'd like The Wind in my Wheels.
    >> I can give you Ride in the Neon Sun.
    >>
    >> (If I'm not too late)
    >>
    >> [email protected]

    >Doh! I got that wrong didn't I?
    >
    >OK, I also have a copy of Sun in Eyes
    >It's harback though

    For heaven's sake how difficult is it to swap a couple of books?!

    Most of mine end up in the skip in Sainsbury's car park. But if I can
    think of anything I'd like, I'll have a go here.

    --
    congokid
    Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google

  13. On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 18:59:01 +0100, "MSeries" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I have three Josie Dew books: The Wind in my Wheels, Travels in a Strange
    >State and Ride to the Neon Sun. I am prepared to swap any one of these, your
    >choice, for any one of the following
    >
    >The Sun in my Eyes - Josie Dew
    >A Bike Ride - Ann Mustoe
    >Flying Scotsman - Graeme Obree
    >
    >My books are paperbacks in almost perfect condition, read once or twice and
    >unmarked. Please leave a message and/or email me

    Just curious: How come Slow Coast Home doesn't appear in anybody's
    equation in this thread?

    --
    Young Musician of the Year 2004 was a fiddle

  14. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    Richard Bates wrote:
    > On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 18:59:01 +0100, "MSeries" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have three Josie Dew books: The Wind in my Wheels, Travels in a
    >> Strange State and Ride to the Neon Sun. I am prepared to swap any
    >> one of these, your choice, for any one of the following
    >>
    >> The Sun in my Eyes - Josie Dew
    >> A Bike Ride - Ann Mustoe
    >> Flying Scotsman - Graeme Obree
    >>
    >> My books are paperbacks in almost perfect condition, read once or
    >> twice and unmarked. Please leave a message and/or email me

    > Just curious: How come Slow Coast Home doesn't appear in anybody's
    > equation in this thread?

    Is it any good ? Do you have one to swap ? I may have something you like for
    exchange.

  15. On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:39:51 +0100, "MSeries"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Richard Bates wrote:
    >> Just curious: How come Slow Coast Home doesn't appear in anybody's
    >> equation in this thread?

    >Is it any good ? Do you have one to swap ? I may have something you like for
    >exchange.

    It is good so far. But since having a shower fitted I spend less time
    reading in the bath. It takes me several months to finish a chunky
    book.

    --
    Young Musician of the Year 2004 was a fiddle

  16. AndyMorris

    AndyMorris Guest

    MSeries wrote:
    > I have three Josie Dew books: The Wind in my Wheels, Travels in a
    > Strange State and Ride to the Neon Sun. I am prepared to swap any one
    > of these, your choice, for any one of the following
    >
    > The Sun in my Eyes - Josie Dew
    > A Bike Ride - Ann Mustoe
    > Flying Scotsman - Graeme Obree
    >
    > My books are paperbacks in almost perfect condition, read once or
    > twice and unmarked. Please leave a message and/or email me

    > Flying Scotsman - Graeme Obree

    I can lend you it if you like.

    --
    Andy Morris