Sweat In Eyes

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by AW, Dec 15, 2004.

  1. AW

    AW Guest

    Hi folks,

    As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
    What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
    tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
    then the wiping begins.

    Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
    fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
    It seemed rather pricey at $24.

    Thanks,
    Art

    Tags:

  2. << Someone at at a running store
    suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
    fabric) that can be wrapped
    in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
    It seemed rather pricey at $24.

    Thanks,

    Skull,
    Or
    WIzzaRD cap?
    Or a Tear's Cape, or
    Cod
    Piece de resitance?
    O so, you saw, you've
    Seen yet the end?
    Know ~ Those tears, yes, drown!
    But frown not,
    Go for some comic relief, or
    Just see Mr.
    Calvin Trillin or Alice
    Swimming in her Poole of Tears ~
    What are years?
    Or
    You may desire your own Shroud
    De Turin. Or even, as Mr.
    Michael Jackson says so often, "It's
    Also about the chidrin," but too,
    The elderly, who more often
    Get forgotten. So balance both
    Ends, young and

    Old.
    The middle way, hopefully, a safe
    Time

    To pay back for what's been given
    And yet to need.
    But listen...now a brief
    Word from Mr.
    Justin Kaplan, about whom,
    I am
    Sure,
    I need not belabor, too much,
    My, or put too fine
    On it

    Point ~
    [Hey!]

    "'As a description of himself
    He was willing to accept 'cautious'
    And also 'artful' -- which about hits the mark,'
    He told Carpenter, adding,
    'I think there are truths which it is necessary
    To envelop or wrap up.'
    In what may have been his ultimate disguise
    He declared his belief in the existence of
    'The real Me,'
    The core Walt Whitman
    Who stood apart from the pulling and hauling
    Of events and and relationships:

    'Trippers and askers surround me...
    These come to me days and nights and go from me again,
    But they are not the Me myself'"
    [Walt Whitman]

    ~ Justin Kaplan,
    From "Walt Whitman: A Life"
    *
    This? Just
    My
    Art, folks. Or ~
    *
    * It's a start... *
    *
    “!Alt.Geez! ~
    Quite a Production!
    ~ A How-To-Do Manual of Style ~
    ~ waves ~
    * Oh dear!
    Indeed, O dear *

    “All television personalities
    And actors are
    Part of this…”

    [Yes, O dear!]
    ~ Table of Contents ~

    Who directs?
    Those Furries?
    Whose?
    The Insanities?
    The Inanities?
    What color?
    Your panties?
    Foreword

    ~ Let’s Journey Through Overdrive,
    Sidestep, Nosedive! ~

    [Rarely straight, but once or twice, we'll
    Sail through Gibraltor]
    A Morning Wood Cruise Production
    Around About the Globe Theatre
    West Edge Off Center
    * Dogging Arts * Fogging Minds * It’s a Star *
    *Note to self: Read the aforementioned
    book. Or at least, take
    A closer look.
    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Carry a paper towel and blot your forehead a lot.

    "AW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
    > What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
    > tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
    > then the wiping begins.
    >
    > Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
    > fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
    > It seemed rather pricey at $24.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Art

  4. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Carry a paper towel and blot your forehead a lot.

    "AW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
    > What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
    > tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
    > then the wiping begins.
    >
    > Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
    > fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
    > It seemed rather pricey at $24.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Art

  5. [Bill runna]
    << Carry a paper towel and blot your forehead a lot. >>

    I know you,
    Don't I?

    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

  6. Mike Conway

    Mike Conway Guest

    >Carry a paper towel and blot your forehead a lot.

    And when the papertowel gets soaked...?

    The question is a hard one to answer (the one from the OP, not my sarcastic
    rhetorical one)...you have to experiment with some different products. A
    company called "Headsweats" makes a product similar to what you are referring
    to, both in a "premade" bandana and then the same fabric in hats. They work
    pretty well for me; other than that you'll have to try some things to see what
    works.

    Good luck!

    Mike C

  7. << A
    company called "Headsweats" makes a product similar to what you are referring
    to, both in a "premade" bandana and then the same fabric in hats. They work
    pretty well for me; other than that you'll have to try some things to see what
    works.
    Good luck! >>

    What are you talking about?

    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

  8. >As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
    >What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
    >tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
    >then the wiping begins.
    >
    >Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
    >fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
    >It seemed rather pricey at $24.
    >
    >Thanks,
    > Art

    I've found if I don't wipe my brows at all, the sweat is pushed off away from
    my eyes. If for some reason I do wipe my forehead, the sweat starts pouring
    into my eyes. Why this is, I don't know. So I'll give you the same advice Doug
    got from his Dr, "just stop touching yourself, and your problems will end."

  9. On 15 Dec 2004 23:19:43 GMT, [email protected] (FabulustRunner)
    wrote:

    >>As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
    >>What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
    >>tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
    >>then the wiping begins.

    >I've found if I don't wipe my brows at all, the sweat is pushed off away from
    >my eyes. If for some reason I do wipe my forehead, the sweat starts pouring
    >into my eyes. Why this is, I don't know. So I'll give you the same advice Doug
    >got from his Dr, "just stop touching yourself, and your problems will end."

    lift your head when you run.
    ....thehick

  10. >lift your head when you run.

    That too! Then your eyebrows (uni-brow in my case) can do what they're
    designed to do, and push the sweat off to the sides away from your eyes.

  11. Tom Phillips

    Tom Phillips Guest

    AW wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
    > What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
    > tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
    > then the wiping begins.
    >
    > Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
    > fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
    > It seemed rather pricey at $24.

    They do make sweat bands. A cotton bandana is O.k.
    in summer but in winter can freeze as opposed to
    wicking brow moisture.

    Ones I use are Maxit brand poly (Bandit sweat band
    in summer and a wider Headband in winter, both cheap
    and can be worn under head gear)
    http://www.stretching.com/products/maxit.asp)

    The headband covers forehead and ears both for
    sweat and warmth.

    > Thanks,
    > Art

  12. Jtiche

    Jtiche Guest

    I used to have that problem. I super glued a piece of velcro across my
    forehead running above my eyes. I took one of those old time green visors, cut
    off the green plastic part and super glued the other side of the velcro to it.
    When I run I just attach it to my forehead and it fits real snug. All the
    sweat just runs out over the edge of it and drips down onto my chest. Simple
    solutions from simple minds.

  13. << Why this is, I don't know. So I'll give you the same advice Doug
    got from his Dr, "just stop touching yourself, and your problems will end." >>

    Use it or loose
    It.

    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

  14. ....Ones I use are Maxit brand
    poly (Band
    it sweat band in summer
    and a wider Headband
    in winter...both cheap
    and can be worn
    under head gear)
    http...

    Art ~
    Tra la la...
    Vi ~
    At
    A!

    Now where's Ms.
    Maria Callas, or
    For that matter, Mr.
    Charles Ludlum & The Theatre
    De Re:
    Dick you
    L'us?

    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

  15. ....When I run
    I just attach it to my forehead, and it fits
    real snug. All the
    sweat just runs
    out over the edge, drips
    down onto my chest.
    Simple
    solutions
    from simple minds...

    Or just say,
    Complex times
    Require simple rhymes.

    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

  16. SwStudio

    SwStudio Guest

    "AW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
    > What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
    > tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
    > then the wiping begins.
    >
    > Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
    > fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
    > It seemed rather pricey at $24.

    Wear a baseball-style running hat backwards. The sweat drips off
    the back. You can feel it hitting your calves. It works for me.

    cheers,
    --
    David (in Hamilton, ON)
    www.allfalldown.org

  17. Bumper

    Bumper Guest

    This may have escaped your thoughts, but when that happens to me (sweat
    band fills up with sweat and starts dripping in my eyes) I just take it
    off for a moment, squeeze it real hard until all the sweat is gone and
    then put it back on. With a little practice you can do it while
    continuining to run. Very similar to walking and chewing gum.

    Very low tech, but effective.

    AW <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
    > What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
    > tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
    > then the wiping begins.
    >
    > Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
    > fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
    > It seemed rather pricey at $24.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Art

  18. Tim Downie

    Tim Downie Guest

    AW wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
    > What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
    > tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
    > then the wiping begins.

    A good coating of vaseline on your eyebrows is said to help the sweat shed
    laterally away from your eyes. (Being water repellant, it acts like a
    mini-gutter).

    HTH

    Tim

  19. Tim Downie

    Tim Downie Guest

    SwStudio wrote:
    > "AW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> Hi folks,
    >>
    >> As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
    >> What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
    >> tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
    >> then the wiping begins.
    >>
    >> Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
    >> fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull
    >> cap. It seemed rather pricey at $24.

    > Wear a baseball-style running hat backwards.

    NO problem can surely justify such a desperate remedy! ;-)

    Tim

  20. >NO problem can surely justify such a desperate remedy! ;-)

    Timothy,
    It's an american thing.