Sweat In Eyes

AW

Guest
Hi folks,

As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
then the wiping begins.

Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
It seemed rather pricey at $24.

Thanks,
Art

Twittering One

Guest
<< Someone at at a running store
suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
fabric) that can be wrapped
in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
It seemed rather pricey at $24.

Thanks,

Skull,
Or
WIzzaRD cap?
Or a Tear's Cape, or
Cod
Piece de resitance?
O so, you saw, you've
Seen yet the end?
Know ~ Those tears, yes, drown!
But frown not,
Go for some comic relief, or
Just see Mr.
Calvin Trillin or Alice
Swimming in her Poole of Tears ~
What are years?
Or
You may desire your own Shroud
De Turin. Or even, as Mr.
Michael Jackson says so often, "It's
Also about the chidrin," but too,
The elderly, who more often
Get forgotten. So balance both
Ends, young and

Old.
The middle way, hopefully, a safe
Time

To pay back for what's been given
And yet to need.
But listen...now a brief
Word from Mr.
Justin Kaplan, about whom,
I am
Sure,
I need not belabor, too much,
My, or put too fine
On it

Point ~
[Hey!]

"'As a description of himself
He was willing to accept 'cautious'
And also 'artful' -- which about hits the mark,'
He told Carpenter, adding,
'I think there are truths which it is necessary
To envelop or wrap up.'
In what may have been his ultimate disguise
He declared his belief in the existence of
'The real Me,'
The core Walt Whitman
Who stood apart from the pulling and hauling
Of events and and relationships:

'Trippers and askers surround me...
These come to me days and nights and go from me again,
But they are not the Me myself'"
[Walt Whitman]

~ Justin Kaplan,
From "Walt Whitman: A Life"
*
This? Just
My
Art, folks. Or ~
*
* It's a start... *
*
“!Alt.Geez! ~
Quite a Production!
~ A How-To-Do Manual of Style ~
~ waves ~
* Oh dear!
Indeed, O dear *

“All television personalities
And actors are
Part of this…”

[Yes, O dear!]
~ Table of Contents ~

Who directs?
Those Furries?
Whose?
The Insanities?
The Inanities?
What color?
Your panties?
Foreword

~ Let’s Journey Through Overdrive,
Sidestep, Nosedive! ~

[Rarely straight, but once or twice, we'll
Sail through Gibraltor]
A Morning Wood Cruise Production
Around About the Globe Theatre
West Edge Off Center
* Dogging Arts * Fogging Minds * It’s a Star *
*Note to self: Read the aforementioned
book. Or at least, take
A closer look.
_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

Bill

Guest
Carry a paper towel and blot your forehead a lot.

"AW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi folks,
>
> As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
> What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
> tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
> then the wiping begins.
>
> Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
> fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
> It seemed rather pricey at $24.
>
> Thanks,
> Art

Bill

Guest
Carry a paper towel and blot your forehead a lot.

"AW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi folks,
>
> As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
> What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
> tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
> then the wiping begins.
>
> Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
> fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
> It seemed rather pricey at $24.
>
> Thanks,
> Art

Twittering One

Guest
[Bill runna]
<< Carry a paper towel and blot your forehead a lot. >>

I know you,
Don't I?

_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

Mike Conway

Guest
>Carry a paper towel and blot your forehead a lot.

And when the papertowel gets soaked...?

The question is a hard one to answer (the one from the OP, not my sarcastic
rhetorical one)...you have to experiment with some different products. A
company called "Headsweats" makes a product similar to what you are referring
to, both in a "premade" bandana and then the same fabric in hats. They work
pretty well for me; other than that you'll have to try some things to see what
works.

Good luck!

Mike C

Twittering One

Guest
<< A
company called "Headsweats" makes a product similar to what you are referring
to, both in a "premade" bandana and then the same fabric in hats. They work
pretty well for me; other than that you'll have to try some things to see what
works.
Good luck! >>

What are you talking about?

_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

FabulustRunner

Guest
>As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
>What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
>tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
>then the wiping begins.
>
>Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
>fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
>It seemed rather pricey at $24.
>
>Thanks,
> Art

I've found if I don't wipe my brows at all, the sweat is pushed off away from
my eyes. If for some reason I do wipe my forehead, the sweat starts pouring
into my eyes. Why this is, I don't know. So I'll give you the same advice Doug
got from his Dr, "just stop touching yourself, and your problems will end."

frank-in-toronto

Guest
On 15 Dec 2004 23:19:43 GMT, [email protected] (FabulustRunner)
wrote:

>>As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
>>What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
>>tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
>>then the wiping begins.

>I've found if I don't wipe my brows at all, the sweat is pushed off away from
>my eyes. If for some reason I do wipe my forehead, the sweat starts pouring
>into my eyes. Why this is, I don't know. So I'll give you the same advice Doug
>got from his Dr, "just stop touching yourself, and your problems will end."

lift your head when you run.
....thehick

FabulustRunner

Guest
>lift your head when you run.

That too! Then your eyebrows (uni-brow in my case) can do what they're
designed to do, and push the sweat off to the sides away from your eyes.

Tom Phillips

Guest
AW wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
> What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
> tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
> then the wiping begins.
>
> Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
> fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
> It seemed rather pricey at $24.

They do make sweat bands. A cotton bandana is O.k.
in summer but in winter can freeze as opposed to
wicking brow moisture.

Ones I use are Maxit brand poly (Bandit sweat band
in summer and a wider Headband in winter, both cheap
and can be worn under head gear)
http://www.stretching.com/products/maxit.asp)

The headband covers forehead and ears both for
sweat and warmth.

> Thanks,
> Art

Jtiche

Guest
I used to have that problem. I super glued a piece of velcro across my
forehead running above my eyes. I took one of those old time green visors, cut
off the green plastic part and super glued the other side of the velcro to it.
When I run I just attach it to my forehead and it fits real snug. All the
sweat just runs out over the edge of it and drips down onto my chest. Simple
solutions from simple minds.

Twittering One

Guest
<< Why this is, I don't know. So I'll give you the same advice Doug
got from his Dr, "just stop touching yourself, and your problems will end." >>

Use it or loose
It.

_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

Twittering One

Guest
....Ones I use are Maxit brand
poly (Band
it sweat band in summer
and a wider Headband
in winter...both cheap
and can be worn
under head gear)
http...

Art ~
Tra la la...
Vi ~
At
A!

Now where's Ms.
Maria Callas, or
For that matter, Mr.
Charles Ludlum & The Theatre
De Re:
**** you
L'us?

_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

Twittering One

Guest
....When I run
I just attach it to my forehead, and it fits
real snug. All the
sweat just runs
out over the edge, drips
down onto my chest.
Simple
solutions
from simple minds...

Or just say,
Complex times
Require simple rhymes.

_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

SwStudio

Guest
"AW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hi folks,
>
> As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
> What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
> tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
> then the wiping begins.
>
> Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
> fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
> It seemed rather pricey at $24.

Wear a baseball-style running hat backwards. The sweat drips off
the back. You can feel it hitting your calves. It works for me.

cheers,
--
David (in Hamilton, ON)
www.allfalldown.org

Bumper

Guest
This may have escaped your thoughts, but when that happens to me (sweat
band fills up with sweat and starts dripping in my eyes) I just take it
off for a moment, squeeze it real hard until all the sweat is gone and
then put it back on. With a little practice you can do it while
continuining to run. Very similar to walking and chewing gum.

Very low tech, but effective.

AW <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
> What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
> tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
> then the wiping begins.
>
> Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
> fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
> It seemed rather pricey at $24.
>
> Thanks,
> Art

Tim Downie

Guest
AW wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
> What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
> tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
> then the wiping begins.

A good coating of vaseline on your eyebrows is said to help the sweat shed
laterally away from your eyes. (Being water repellant, it acts like a
mini-gutter).

HTH

Tim

Tim Downie

Guest
SwStudio wrote:
> "AW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
>> What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
>> tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
>> then the wiping begins.
>>
>> Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
>> fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull
>> cap. It seemed rather pricey at $24.

> Wear a baseball-style running hat backwards.

NO problem can surely justify such a desperate remedy! ;-)

Tim

FabulustRunner

Guest
>NO problem can surely justify such a desperate remedy! ;-)

Timothy,
It's an american thing.