Sweat In Eyes

SwStudio wrote:

> "AW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
> > What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
> > tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
> > then the wiping begins.
> >
> > Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
> > fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
> > It seemed rather pricey at $24.

> Wear a baseball-style running hat backwards. The sweat drips off
> the back. You can feel it hitting your calves. It works for me.

Now how much sweating can you do up there in Ontario? ;)

[email protected] (Bumper) wrote:

>This may have escaped your thoughts, but when that happens to me (sweat
>band fills up with sweat and starts dripping in my eyes) I just take it
>off for a moment, squeeze it real hard until all the sweat is gone and
>then put it back on. With a little practice you can do it while
>continuining to run. Very similar to walking and chewing gum.
>
>Very low tech, but effective.

<chuckle> Yeah, that's my method, too.

Sometimes I even carry, tah-dah, a SECOND headband.

Mike Tennent
"IronPenguin"
MRR Electronics
Special Effects Lighting
http://www.ironpeng.com/ipe

>Sometimes I even carry, tah-dah, a SECOND headband.

Wow man, you guys never cease to amaze me with your solutions to these
seemingly unsurmountable problems, like cold tummys, and sweating. True genius
at work. I mean who could ever imagine we'd solve perplexing dilemas like cold
tummys because he took off his coat, or sweat running into your eyes. Man has
sought answers to these BAFFLING puzzles for millions of years, but here on the
internet we solve them in moments!
Good work guys!!!!

>Wow man, you guys never cease to amaze me with your solutions to these
>seemingly unsurmountable problems, like cold tummys, and sweating. True
>genius
>at work. I mean who could ever imagine we'd solve perplexing dilemas like
>cold
>tummys because he took off his coat, or sweat running into your eyes. Man has
>sought answers to these BAFFLING puzzles for millions of years, but here on
>the
>internet we solve them in moments!
>Good work guys!!!!

(How was that Smurf?)

>Grade: D+
>
>Professeur Sturf

Professor spellbeatch. You try typing that sh** when you are as stoned as me,
we'll see how well you do.

"FabulustRunner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> (How was that Smurf?)

Needs work.

> Wow man, you guys never cease to amaze me

'man' is redundant.

> with your solutions to these seemingly unsurmountable problems, like cold tummys, and sweating.

'these' is unnecessary
Should have used insurmountable.
Misspelled tummies.
No comma after tummies.

> True genius at work.

Should be 'geniuses' as you're addressing RR in general.

>I mean who could ever imagine we'd solve perplexing dilemas like cold tummys because he took off his coat, or sweat running into your eyes.

Misspelled dilemmas
Dangling Modifier: "like cold tummys because he took off his coat"

Man has sought <the> answers to these BAFFLING puzzles for millions of years,<;> but here on the internet we<'ve> solve<d> them in moments!

Grade: D+

Professeur Surf

I carry a bandana in my pocket and use it to wipe away the sweat. On
longer runs I carry two.

In article <[email protected]>,
AW <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> As you can guess I sweat profusely and am forever wiping sweat away.
> What do people use to prevent sweat from flowing into one's eyes. I
> tried an old fashioned terry cloth headband but once it is saturated
> then the wiping begins.
>
> Someone at at a running store suggested a bib (a tube of high tech
> fabric) that can be wrapped in many ways such as bandana or skull cap.
> It seemed rather pricey at $24.

Get a sweatband, costs maybe us$5 to $10 -- usually in the tennis
section of sporting goods stores. If you saturate it you just squeeze
it out and put it back on. The elastic is good for a couple years.

Karl