sweat in lenses

youhaditcoming

Dec 1, 2004
how do you guys deal with your eyewear when sweat cover your lenses, (other than stopping aside the road obviously...)

thanks

youhaditcoming said:
how do you guys deal with your eyewear when sweat cover your lenses, (other than stopping aside the road obviously...)

thanks
I can't ever remember having this problem. Might have something to do with the current temperature of -7.2 degrees C!

My helmet has a integral sweat band in it which catches most of the sweat from my forhead. My eyewear is like a pair of glasses so it does not actually come in contact with my brow, so the tiny bit of sweat that makes it past the sweat band of my helmet gets into my eyes. Usually though, the combination of the sweat band and the air flow around my head (which evaporates the tiny amount of sweat that gets past the sweat band) keeps me from having any sweat problems with my eye wear. Now I would really be happy if I didn't have to rinse my face after every ride to wash off the salt.

well i'm in the southern hemisphere.. 30 + Celsius. Im also a brand new user of cycling eyewear (and cell phones on your back pocket !!)

During exercise, I sweat profusely from my head. Having a receding hairline only worsens the situation. For a homemade remedy, I cut the sleeves off of old cotton t-shirts into 2-3 inch strips and use them for sweat bands under my helmet.

For the more fashionable cyclist, a brand called Headsweats Coolmax also sells products to help keep sweat out of your eyes. Probably other brands out there as well.

youhaditcoming said:
well i'm in the southern hemisphere.. 30 + Celsius. Im also a brand new user of cycling eyewear (and cell phones on your back pocket !!)
The HALO headband has a strip of foam in front to prevent sweat from running down into the eyes. It worked for me, but I don't use it anymore since switching helmets a couple of seasons back.

When I replaced my old Bell with the Ghisallo, found that the improved airflow stopped the sweat running into my eyes. The airflow sucks hair up into the vents, which really seems to eliminate the sweat in the eyes. The resulting "tri-mohawk" hairstyle when I take the helmet off never fails to amuse the group ;)

i changed eyewear and the problem was almost solved, but not completely. With the new glasses sweat goes now into my eyes... I'll try the Halo headbands. Changing or adjusting my helmet could be a solution too, i think it is too low on my forehead

I use SweatVac beanies/caps under my helmet, and my eyes remain sweat free......and I avoid helmet tan/burn.

alienator said:
I use SweatVac beanies/caps under my helmet, and my eyes remain sweat free......and I avoid helmet tan/burn.
+1 on SweatVac.

I use one of these:http://www.sweatvac.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SweatVac&Category_Code=SVVC

I couldn't get through a race or especially a time trial without dripping sweat all over my glasses until I started wearing one of these. It works fine on both hot and cool days. I've even started wearing one indoors this winter while on the trainer and it helps there as well.

-Dave

If you wear a traditional cycling cap, brim forward and down, under your helmet, the sweat will drip off the brim and away from your eyes.

you could try a bit of saliva on the inside of the lenses...swimmers do that. Altho I sweat like a wrestler, I dont get sweat on my lenses ;) not sure why, maybe I go way too fast and the sweat dries off in the airstream :rolleyes: