Sweeped under the carpet ? Guarantee it !

Graeme said:
"BruceA" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Although it is certainly a topic worth grumbling about. It really
> riles me how some people will refuse to accept responsibility for
> their own actions, seeking one excuse or another to avoid their
> responsibilities. Diplomatic immunity . . . give me a break!

What? You can claim diplomatic immunity for spelling errors now! Wow, I
must becum ar diplamat rite now!
I'll send you the necessary documentation.

"Graeme" wrote

>> Although it is certainly a topic worth grumbling about. It really
>> riles me how some people will refuse to accept responsibility for
>> their own actions, seeking one excuse or another to avoid their
>> responsibilities. Diplomatic immunity . . . give me a break!

> What? You can claim diplomatic immunity for spelling errors now! Wow, I
> must becum ar diplamat rite now!

I don't think so, spelling errors are way too serious to claim diplomatic
immunity ;)
OK, getting silly now, shall stop.

Bruce A

Ha ha - you'd all appreciate working for Customs.

Most common comment heard (back in my early days when I worked at the
airport):
"Don't you know who I am????"

I had plenty of appropriate responses - but professionalism prevents me
from sharing... Needless to say they were effective.

Absent Husband
(Note: This is not an official comment on behalf of the Australian
Customs Service. They do not endorse or approve of anything I say in
this forum)

On 2005-04-22, Absent Husband <[email protected]> wrote:
> Ha ha - you'd all appreciate working for Customs.
>
> Most common comment heard (back in my early days when I worked at the
> airport):
> "Don't you know who I am????"
>
> I had plenty of appropriate responses - but professionalism prevents me
> from sharing... Needless to say they were effective.

Oh, come on. You can't leave us hanging like that! Give, man! Give! (Or
if you want, you can email me; I'll be discreet if you so desire...)

> (Note: This is not an official comment on behalf of the Australian
> Customs Service. They do not endorse or approve of anything I say in
> this forum)

Kind of sad that modern society makes it necessary to post such
disclaimers. In my mind, I tend to assume that that's the case unless
the individual posts to the contrary.

Stuart, procrastinating at work as usual.

"Absent Husband" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ha ha - you'd all appreciate working for Customs.
>
> Most common comment heard (back in my early days when I worked at the
> airport):
> "Don't you know who I am????"
>
> I had plenty of appropriate responses - but professionalism prevents me
> from sharing... Needless to say they were effective.
>
> Absent Husband
> (Note: This is not an official comment on behalf of the Australian
> Customs Service. They do not endorse or approve of anything I say in
> this forum)

Heh...reminds me of silly story about someone sitting an exam and he kept
writing for about a minute after they said "pens down". He brought his paper
up to the front and the guy at the desk won't accept it. Kid says "Do you
have any idea who I am?" Guy at desk gives him the 'you have to be kidding
me' look and answers "No." The kid says "Good." and slides his paper in
halfway down the pile of papers on the desk and wanders off.

Resound wrote:
> Heh...reminds me of silly story about someone sitting an exam and he kept
> writing for about a minute after they said "pens down". He brought his paper
> up to the front and the guy at the desk won't accept it. Kid says "Do you
> have any idea who I am?" Guy at desk gives him the 'you have to be kidding
> me' look and answers "No." The kid says "Good." and slides his paper in
> halfway down the pile of papers on the desk and wanders off.

The kid is smart enough to pass anyway!! :D
That's ace!

hippy