Sweet, sweet justice

Mark T

Guest
Read this somewhere else, thought I'd post it on the off chance that it's
true (Pappa Sneeky is his slightly odd nickname)

Pappa Sneeky was cycling around Edinburgh. He stopped at a red light. The
car behind him slowly and seemingly deliberately rolled onto his back tyre.
Usually a very laid back guy, Pappa Sneeky suddenly lost his cool. He
jumped off his bike, grabbed his D lock and took out both of the car's
headlights. The driver of this car was a huge skinhead, and he looked
really angry. Pappa Sneeky started to feel very afraid; this guy was
absolutely furious. The skinhead opened his car door and was about to get
out when a double decker bus came past in the next lane and ripped the car
door off it's hinges. Pappa took this opportunity to leave.

Mark T wrote:
> Read this somewhere else, thought I'd post it on the off chance that it's
> true (Pappa Sneeky is his slightly odd nickname)
>
> Pappa Sneeky was cycling around Edinburgh. He stopped at a red light. The
> car behind him slowly and seemingly deliberately rolled onto his back tyre.
> Usually a very laid back guy, Pappa Sneeky suddenly lost his cool. He
> jumped off his bike, grabbed his D lock and took out both of the car's
> headlights. The driver of this car was a huge skinhead, and he looked
> really angry. Pappa Sneeky started to feel very afraid; this guy was
> absolutely furious. The skinhead opened his car door and was about to get
> out when a double decker bus came past in the next lane and ripped the car
> door off it's hinges. Pappa took this opportunity to leave.

This is an old story. The version I heard had a flash business man in a
Jag loosing his door.

Cheers,

--
bob [at] bobarnott [dot] com http://www.bobarnott.com/
"Crash programs fail because they are based on theory that,

Bob wrote:
> Mark T wrote:
>> Read this somewhere else, thought I'd post it on the off chance that
>> it's true (Pappa Sneeky is his slightly odd nickname)
>>
>> Pappa Sneeky was cycling around Edinburgh. He stopped at a red light.
>> The car behind him slowly and seemingly deliberately rolled onto his
>> back tyre. Usually a very laid back guy, Pappa Sneeky suddenly lost
>> his cool. He jumped off his bike, grabbed his D lock and took out
>> both of the car's headlights. The driver of this car was a huge
>> skinhead, and he looked really angry. Pappa Sneeky started to feel
>> very afraid; this guy was absolutely furious. The skinhead opened his
>> car door and was about to get out when a double decker bus came past
>> in the next lane and ripped the car door off it's hinges. Pappa took
>> this opportunity to leave.

> This is an old story. The version I heard had a flash business man in a
> Jag loosing his door.

Wasn't in Newcastle, by a Mk2 Cortina ,driven by Jack Carter was it?

Cool, though .....!

I did see a cyclist bang very hard on the roof of a car which got too close.
Neither were going fast, obviously, but the car cut him in really badly. It
was loud, and I wouldn't be surprised if the roof was dented cos it was an
old rustbucket!

Barb

>> This is an old story. The version I heard had a flash business man in a
>> Jag loosing his door.
>>

> Wasn't in Newcastle, by a Mk2 Cortina ,driven by Jack Carter was it?

> I did see a cyclist bang very hard on the roof of a car which got too
> close.
> Neither were going fast, obviously, but the car cut him in really badly.
> It was loud, and I wouldn't be surprised if the roof was dented cos it was
> an old rustbucket!

I once saw a rider whack on the roof of a car that had cut him up. Furious
driver emerges from car. Cyclist gets off bike - all 6' 4"
built-like-a-brick-shithouse of him. Driver gets back into car. End of.
Sweet.

Response to spokes
> I once saw a rider whack on the roof of a car that had cut him up. Furious
> driver emerges from car. Cyclist gets off bike - all 6' 4"
> built-like-a-brick-shithouse of him. Driver gets back into car. End of.
> Sweet.

My old acquaintance Steve "Boris" Morris [1] has had that effect on
occasion; I'm 6'3", and he's a good couple of inches taller than me, not
to mention a great deal fitter.

[1] http://www.fixedwheel.co.uk

--
Mark, UK
"Aristotle maintained that women have fewer teeth than men; although he

All this violence, I'm more chilled when I'm cycling than at almost
any other time. I'm seeing more and more absurd testosterone-driven
aggression on the roads. Two men having a fist fight in the road is an
embarrassing sight.

I did know one chap who had a car right up his **** and beeping on the
Kings Road, so he stopped, threw the bike on the bonnet, and said
"Have it, you want it so much!".

Did anyone read Will Self's account of a road rage in Covent Garden?

Self rides a lovely old fiet I think, and was cut up by a 4 x 4. Self
shouted, driver screeched to a halt and jumps out, takes a swing,
drives off. Self and witnesses get the reg. Goes to court, bloke
pleads not guilty, denied everything, magistrates found him guilty and
asked if he had the £100 fine on him. The driver says no, the
magistrates order him searched, they find £400 cash in the driver's
pocket, put him in the cells for an hour and fine him another £200 for
contempt.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

marc wrote:

> Wasn't in Newcastle, by a Mk2 Cortina ,driven by Jack Carter was it?

"Put it away Jack, you won't use it."

"The D-lock, he means".

"Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> marc wrote:
>
>> Wasn't in Newcastle, by a Mk2 Cortina ,driven by Jack Carter was it?

> "Put it away Jack, you won't use it."
>
> "The D-lock, he means".

Yes, I guess everyone in the country must have Get Carter burned into their
memory. Several times.

Ken.

Ken wrote:
> "Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> marc wrote:
>>
>>> Wasn't in Newcastle, by a Mk2 Cortina ,driven by Jack Carter was it?

>> "Put it away Jack, you won't use it."
>>
>> "The D-lock, he means".

> Yes, I guess everyone in the country must have Get Carter burned into their
> memory. Several times.

I really want to see the Stallone version, just to confirm how bad it
must have been

> Pappa Sneeky was cycling around Edinburgh. He stopped at a red light.

Now we all know your talking bollocks !

"marc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| Ken wrote:

| > Yes, I guess everyone in the country must have Get Carter burned into
their
| > memory. Several times.
| >

| I really want to see the Stallone version, just to confirm how bad it
| must have been

No, you don't.

pOB

In article <[email protected]>,
marc <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ken wrote:
> > "Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >> "Put it away Jack, you won't use it."
> >>
> >> "The D-lock, he means".

> > Yes, I guess everyone in the country must have Get Carter burned into their
> > memory. Several times.
> >

> I really want to see the Stallone version, just to confirm how bad it
> must have been

Oh ye gods you don't. Believe me.

--
Sara

The teeth are free at last! Fly free, young teethies!

PoB wrote:
> "marc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> | Ken wrote:
>
> | > Yes, I guess everyone in the country must have Get Carter burned into
> their
> | > memory. Several times.
> | >

> | I really want to see the Stallone version, just to confirm how bad it
> | must have been
>
> No, you don't.

Plan 9 from outer space bad?

Hit Man Bad?

In article <[email protected]>,
marc <[email protected]> wrote:

> PoB wrote:
> > "marc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > their
> > | >

> > | I really want to see the Stallone version, just to confirm how bad it
> > | must have been
> >
> > No, you don't.

> Plan 9 from outer space bad?
>
> Hit Man Bad?

So bad that, when Stallone came out with one of Caine's lines from the
original, I squirmed with embarrasment for him and switched it off.

On the other hand, has anyone seen the remake of Sleuth, with Michael
Caine playing the Olivier role?

--

spokes wrote:
> I once saw a rider whack on the roof of a car that had cut him up. Furious
> driver emerges from car. Cyclist gets off bike - all 6' 4"
> built-like-a-brick-shithouse of him. Driver gets back into car. End of.
> Sweet.

Even if you're not built like that, there's little danger from irate
drivers getting out. It takes time to get out of a car - time you can
use to be somewhere else, even if he stopped right in front of you.
You're in more danger when he gets back in and drives after you again
- but even then not much, because you know what to expect. I've known
a driver do this several times before giving up.

Colin McKenzie

--
No-one has ever proved that cycle helmets make cycling any safer at
the population level, and anyway cycling is about as safe per mile as

Mark T wrote:
> Read this somewhere else, thought I'd post it on the off chance that it's
> true (Pappa Sneeky is his slightly odd nickname)
>
> Pappa Sneeky was cycling around Edinburgh. He stopped at a red light. The
> car behind him slowly and seemingly deliberately rolled onto his back tyre.
> Usually a very laid back guy, Pappa Sneeky suddenly lost his cool. He
> jumped off his bike, grabbed his D lock and took out both of the car's
> headlights. The driver of this car was a huge skinhead, and he looked
> really angry. Pappa Sneeky started to feel very afraid; this guy was
> absolutely furious. The skinhead opened his car door and was about to get
> out when a double decker bus came past in the next lane and ripped the car
> door off it's hinges. Pappa took this opportunity to leave.

What a credible story.

I, for one, believe it completely ;-)

BugBear

"Sara Kirk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> marc <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> PoB wrote:
>> > "marc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

>> > into
>> > their

>> > No, you don't.

>> Plan 9 from outer space bad?
>>
>> Hit Man Bad?

> So bad that, when Stallone came out with one of Caine's lines from the
> original, I squirmed with embarrasment for him and switched it off.
>
> On the other hand, has anyone seen the remake of Sleuth, with Michael
> Caine playing the Olivier role?

Possibly the funniest movie ever made was Kidnapped, with Michael Caine
playing a Scotsman! Grim beyond words.

What, worse than **** Van Dyke's mangled Cockney in "Mary Poppins"?