SWEN WORM

On 29 Oct 2003 18:23:29 -0800, [email protected] (Carl Fogel) wrote:

[...]

>But Werehatrack added that "the spammers will certainly make up for any lack of Swens in that
>case," didn't he?

He did, however all three posters choose to post with an unmunged "From" address, so again, no
(additional) damage was done. Look up ^^ there, I just did the same thing to you.

>It's hard to say "Lighten up!" to the surprising number of private posts chiding me for such
>cluelessness (none, I'm relieved to say, from my actual victims--so far).

This saga gets more and more droll by the minute. My original post was about 90% lighthearted dig.
It doesn't seem to take much to get you going, so I hope the whisperers aren't patting themselves on
the back too hard.

thanks hatto!! somewhere, here it's said that a trail from bike.tech smwelled of the worm. the bits
of the spam worm in the niche my email comes from are all Volvo numbers!! me and 3-4 other people
are the oldest Volvo owners in the hemisphere and I probably have a guiness on it. the report
yesterday on SoBe sez individuals pickup the worm technology and then reuse it. as the Volvo
connection exists only in bike.tech... if not an inhabitant then a passer by looking for the great
white whale or a derivitive thereof.

David Reuteler <[email protected]> writes:

> g.daniels <[email protected]> wrote:
> : me and 3-4 other people are the oldest Volvo owners in the hemisphere and I probably have a
> : guiness on it.

Your age or the Volvo's?

> http://www.brickboard.com/
>
> he's a college friend of mine. he drinks guinness.

Two 1990 Volvo 244 DL's here, and formerly a 1987 245. I think it's a state law here in Minnesota
that every block must have at least one Volvo parked on it.

Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
: Two 1990 Volvo 244 DL's here, and formerly a 1987 245. I think it's a state law here in Minnesota
: that every block must have at least one Volvo parked on it.

volvos are to minnesota what subarus are to colorado: everywhere. must be the lovely heated seats.

what're their names? if jarrod taught me one thing it's that all volvos have names. the one of his i
can remember is amanda jasmine. my nissan is named "please god start."
--
david reuteler [email protected]

David Reuteler <[email protected]> writes:

> Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> : Two 1990 Volvo 244 DL's here, and formerly a 1987 245. I think it's a state law here in
> : Minnesota that every block must have at least one Volvo parked on it.
>
> volvos are to minnesota what subarus are to colorado: everywhere. must be the lovely heated seats.
>
> what're their names? if jarrod taught me one thing it's that all volvos have names. the one of his
> i can remember is amanda jasmine. my nissan is named "please god start."

Mine is named "Torvalds" and my wife's is named "the Roach" (bought used- actually an somewhat
amusing story- and it came equipped with a permanently mounted cell phone, some cigarette burns and
an ashtray full of (clean) cat litter. Hmmm. The amusing part is that my wife had totalled the 245
in a fender bender and needed a new car. Searching the Web, she spotted the Roach at Harold
Chevrolet in Richfield. She asked my father in law, who lives nearby, to take a look at it. Asking
price was $3,000 and within about 10 minutes the "cash today" price was $1,000. My father in law
will be representing us in all car purchases from now on. He claims he "never said a word.").

David Reuteler <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> : Two 1990 Volvo 244 DL's here, and formerly a 1987 245. I think it's a state law here in
> : Minnesota that every block must have at least one Volvo parked on it.
>
> volvos are to minnesota what subarus are to colorado: everywhere. must be the lovely heated seats.
>
> what're their names? if jarrod taught me one thing it's that all volvos have names. the one of his
> i can remember is amanda jasmine. my nissan is named "please god start."

Dear David,

That's a typical example of ignorant regional bigotry, and I and the three nameless Subarus (gray
1984, blue 1993, and red 1999) that live with me here in Colorado resent it.

And so does the fourth (white 1996) that perished when someone else rolled it!

Indignantly,

Carl Fogel

David Reuteler <[email protected]> !!!

Bruno the Volvo. Bruno may have the distinction of attending more GP's than any other private
vehicle in N.A. Now awaiting a twin cam and 5 speed. Know how to get discs on the old pig?? CHP! and
off the virus??? i suggest "the skeptic."