swim meet age

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Matt, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    does anyone know how your age (for an age group) is based in a USS meet. for example, if your
    birthday was in the middle of a 3 day meet, would they use your age from the begining of the meet,
    of would they have you swim in 2 different age groups for the meet?

    TIA..

    Tags:

  2. Mike

    Mike Guest

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 10:56:24 -0500, Matt wrote:

    > does anyone know how your age (for an age group) is based in a USS meet. for example, if your
    > birthday was in the middle of a 3 day meet, would they use your age from the begining of the meet,
    > of would they have you swim in 2 different age groups for the meet?
    >
    > TIA..

    I don't know about USS meets but here in Canada you swim the age you were as of the sanction date,
    ie you don't change age groups.

    GL Mike

  3. Kathy Wagner

    Kathy Wagner Guest

    According to the meet sheets, it is your age as of the FIRST DAY of the meet.

    "Matt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > does anyone know how your age (for an age group) is based in a USS meet. for example, if your
    > birthday was in the middle of a 3 day meet, would
    they
    > use your age from the begining of the meet, of would they have you swim in
    2
    > different age groups for the meet?
    >
    > TIA..

  4. Jt

    Jt Guest

    "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 10:56:24 -0500, Matt wrote:
    >
    > > does anyone know how your age (for an age group) is based in a USS meet. for example, if your
    > > birthday was in the middle of a 3 day meet, would
    they
    > > use your age from the begining of the meet, of would they have you swim
    in 2
    > > different age groups for the meet?
    > >
    > > TIA..
    >
    > I don't know about USS meets but here in Canada you swim the age you were as of the sanction date,
    > ie you don't change age groups.

    Interesting twist though - if your birthday is the second day of the meet, and so you swim (for
    example) in the 11&12 100 Free on that day while you are really 13, you cannot set or break the
    11&12 record - 'cause you are 13!