swimmer shampoo?

C

Charlotte Demot

Hi,

Do any of you use a shampoo specifically designed to get chlorine out of your hair after swimming?
Or is use of regular shampoo right after swimming enough to prevent getting swimmer's hair? If a
dechlorinating shampoo works well for you, please let me know what kind!

Many thanks, Charlotte

In article <[email protected]>,
Charlotte DeMott <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do any of you use a shampoo specifically designed to get chlorine out of your hair after swimming?
> Or is use of regular shampoo right after swimming enough to prevent getting swimmer's hair? If a
> dechlorinating shampoo works well for you, please let me know what kind!
>
> Many thanks, Charlotte
>

Me - I have no problems with my hair because I keep it quite short and any dryness is barely
noticeable. But my daughter was having problems with the chlorine just killing her hair and drying
out her scalp. She now uses something called Ultra Swim shampoo and conditioner (separate bottles).
It seems to be helping quite a bit. Now mind you, this stuff is made in Canada, so I don't know if
you can get it where you are, but there MUST be something similar in the States.

Hope this helps,

Cam

--
Not every race can be a perfect experience, but every race can be a learning experience.

Charlotte DeMott wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Do any of you use a shampoo specifically designed to get chlorine out of your hair after swimming?
> Or is use of regular shampoo right after swimming enough to prevent getting swimmer's hair? If a
>
> Many thanks, Charlotte

Everyone's different, but you want something reasonably strong to get the chlorine out. Whether or
not you want conditioner, either in the shampoo or afterwards, is up to you - I don't like
conditioner at all but most swim-specific shampoos have it.

I use one of those 'deep cleansing' kind of shampoos and like it. But my wife says I always smell a
little like the pool, no matter what I do.

Steve "pool rat" Freides http://www.kbnj.com

I have normal-to-oily hair type and I use Pantene Clarifying Shampoo with good success. On days not
in the pool I use a shampoo+conditioner in one, again from Pantene. Key is that you want to clear
out the acidic residue of the chlorine without stripping all the natural oils from your hair. If you
are prone to dry hair or fine hair, use a clarifying shampoo followed by a conditioner.

"Charlotte DeMott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
>
> Many thanks, Charlotte

Cam Wilson <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Charlotte DeMott <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Do any of you use a shampoo specifically designed to get chlorine out of your hair after
> > swimming? Or is use of regular shampoo right after swimming enough to prevent getting swimmer's
> > hair? If a dechlorinating shampoo works well for you, please let me know what kind!
> >
> > Many thanks, Charlotte
> >
>
>
> Me - I have no problems with my hair because I keep it quite short and any dryness is barely
> noticeable. But my daughter was having problems with the chlorine just killing her hair and drying
> out her scalp. She now uses something called Ultra Swim shampoo and conditioner (separate
> bottles). It seems to be helping quite a bit. Now mind you, this stuff is made in Canada, so I
> don't know if you can get it where you are, but there MUST be something similar in the States.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Cam

Ultra Swim is readily available at Wal-Mart, though you need to look in the section with the
sunblock, NOT with shampoo.

you don't need any of the fancy shampoos... I used to use them. Before you get in the water, get
your hair wet from the shower. That way, your hair soaks up the shower water and not the chlorine. I
swim and color my hair (it tends to be dry anyway) and have no problems.

"Bob Schroedter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I have normal-to-oily hair type and I use Pantene Clarifying Shampoo with good success. On days
> not in the pool I use a shampoo+conditioner in one, again from Pantene. Key is that you want to
> clear out the acidic residue of the chlorine without stripping all the natural oils from your
> hair. If you are prone to dry hair or fine hair, use a clarifying shampoo followed by a
> conditioner.
>
> "Charlotte DeMott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Do any of you use a shampoo specifically designed to get chlorine out of your hair after
> > swimming? Or is use of regular shampoo right after swimming enough to prevent getting swimmer's
> > hair? If a dechlorinating shampoo works well for you, please let me know what kind!
> >
> > Many thanks, Charlotte

I use Neutrogena claifier and it does the job... my club pool switched to bromine but it changed
things NOT much. This stuff works well.

"Charlotte DeMott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Hi,
>
>
> Many thanks, Charlotte

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

I use Chlori-Free, works great (a spray in solution)

--
Eric Lose 513-984-3831 [email protected] "Charlotte DeMott" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
>
> Many thanks, Charlotte

> I use one of those 'deep cleansing' kind of shampoos and like it. But my wife says I always smell
> a little like the pool, no matter what I do.
>

Try use some of the chlorine-stripping shampoo as a body wash - and then follow up with regular soap
and moisturizing skin cream afterwards shower.