General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Swimming book recommendation (Newbie question)

Started by Marc · · Last activity · 1 post · 175 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 July 2005
Last activity
25 July 2005
Original author
Marc
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
175
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I apologize if this is a recurring question (I'm new to the group). I've
    looked a bit online but there seem to be so many options, I thought
    someone could steer me to a good choice for a teaching book or DVD

    I'm a very fit 39 year old, and I'm used to develping technique as a
    competitive rower and cyclist (cyclocross, road, mtn biking).

    However, I never really learned to swim very well and I get winded after
    only a few minutes of my rudimentary crawl (if I were biking, I could
    race pretty hard for hours.)

    No doubt there are some specific swimming muscles I need to develop, but
    I imagine my problem is mostly technical.

    I would appreciate any recommendations for a teaching book or DVD. I
    guess I'm not a total beginner, but don't know that I'm even
    intermediate. I'm not afraid of the water, but I am pretty limited in
    how far I can swim.

    I really would like to develop into a stronger, relaxed, confident, and
    more efficent swimmer.

    Thanks

    Marc

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.