swimming newbie question

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Dave King, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. Dave King

    Dave King Guest

    I am relatively new to swimming, and have been using my regulation college lap pool. My endurance is
    slowly getting better, but I never had any idea how many different muscles are affected by swimming.

    My question is about the look, rather than the technique. How do male swimmers stay so smooth? I
    know that a lot of guys shave, but it seems that they are always smooth. I cannot shave daily, or I
    will severly irritate my skin. What other options work for at home use? The idea of being waxed
    scares the hell out of me.

    Tags:

  2. Mark P

    Mark P Guest

    Dave King wrote:
    > I am relatively new to swimming, and have been using my regulation college lap pool. My endurance
    > is slowly getting better, but I never had any idea how many different muscles are affected by
    > swimming.
    >
    > My question is about the look, rather than the technique. How do male swimmers stay so smooth? I
    > know that a lot of guys shave, but it seems that they are always smooth. I cannot shave daily, or
    > I will severly irritate my skin. What other options work for at home use? The idea of being waxed
    > scares the hell out of me.

    I don't really know the answer to the question you ask, but unless you're a top-level competitive
    swimmer there's no reason for you to shave your body anyway.

  3. De Valois

    De Valois Guest

    Dave King left this mess on Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:54:07 GMT for The Way to clean up:

    >I am relatively new to swimming, and have been using my regulation college lap pool. My endurance
    >is slowly getting better, but I never had any idea how many different muscles are affected by
    >swimming.
    >
    >My question is about the look, rather than the technique. How do male swimmers stay so smooth? I
    >know that a lot of guys shave, but it seems that they are always smooth. I cannot shave daily, or I
    >will severly irritate my skin. What other options work for at home use? The idea of being waxed
    >scares the hell out of me.

    Start by shaving the area between your toes, troll....

    Tao te Carl

    "It takes a village to have an idiot." - Carl (c) 2003

  4. Dakitty

    Dakitty Guest

    "Dave King" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am relatively new to swimming, and have been using my regulation college lap pool. My endurance
    > is slowly getting better, but I never had any idea how many different muscles are affected by
    > swimming.
    >
    > My question is about the look, rather than the technique. How do male swimmers stay so smooth? I
    > know that a lot of guys shave, but it seems that they are always smooth. I cannot shave daily, or
    > I will severly irritate my skin. What other options work for at home use? The idea of being waxed
    > scares the hell out of me.

    Maybe the elite swimmers are still young enough to not have a lot of body hair?

    I've seen plenty male swimmers who are not 'smooth'. Maybe you happen to see a lot of them who
    naturally don't have much hair.