swimming newbie question

Dave King

Guest
I am relatively new to swimming, and have been using my regulation college lap pool. My endurance is
slowly getting better, but I never had any idea how many different muscles are affected by swimming.

My question is about the look, rather than the technique. How do male swimmers stay so smooth? I
know that a lot of guys shave, but it seems that they are always smooth. I cannot shave daily, or I
will severly irritate my skin. What other options work for at home use? The idea of being waxed
scares the hell out of me.

Dave King wrote:
> I am relatively new to swimming, and have been using my regulation college lap pool. My endurance
> is slowly getting better, but I never had any idea how many different muscles are affected by
> swimming.
>
> My question is about the look, rather than the technique. How do male swimmers stay so smooth? I
> know that a lot of guys shave, but it seems that they are always smooth. I cannot shave daily, or
> I will severly irritate my skin. What other options work for at home use? The idea of being waxed
> scares the hell out of me.

I don't really know the answer to the question you ask, but unless you're a top-level competitive
swimmer there's no reason for you to shave your body anyway.

Dave King left this mess on Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:54:07 GMT for The Way to clean up:

>I am relatively new to swimming, and have been using my regulation college lap pool. My endurance
>is slowly getting better, but I never had any idea how many different muscles are affected by
>swimming.
>
>My question is about the look, rather than the technique. How do male swimmers stay so smooth? I
>know that a lot of guys shave, but it seems that they are always smooth. I cannot shave daily, or I
>will severly irritate my skin. What other options work for at home use? The idea of being waxed
>scares the hell out of me.

Start by shaving the area between your toes, troll....

Tao te Carl

"It takes a village to have an idiot." - Carl (c) 2003

"Dave King" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am relatively new to swimming, and have been using my regulation college lap pool. My endurance
> is slowly getting better, but I never had any idea how many different muscles are affected by
> swimming.
>
> My question is about the look, rather than the technique. How do male swimmers stay so smooth? I
> know that a lot of guys shave, but it seems that they are always smooth. I cannot shave daily, or
> I will severly irritate my skin. What other options work for at home use? The idea of being waxed
> scares the hell out of me.

Maybe the elite swimmers are still young enough to not have a lot of body hair?

I've seen plenty male swimmers who are not 'smooth'. Maybe you happen to see a lot of them who
naturally don't have much hair.