swimming pains

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Sarah And Joel, Jun 8, 2003.

1. sometimes after my longer swims +2.5km, I can get very painful gas and bloating for about
    30min-1hour after. I don't know if i am swallowing air when i happen to get a bit of water in my
    mouth or what?

anyone else have a similar problem?...anyone have any ideas on how to prevent the problem or
    aleviate the discomfort after the swim? i have tried eating a Gas X tablet after the swim and that
    tends to move gas out of system FAST but not in the most pleasantly smelling fashion.

thanks,

joel

Tags:

2. Oj Sim

Oj Sim Guest

Gas? In the triathlon world that's known as a big healthy fart. Just let the big dog blow and don't
    worry a damn what anyone else thinks.

"sarah and joel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > sometimes after my longer swims +2.5km, I can get very painful gas and bloating for about
    > 30min-1hour after. I don't know if i am swallowing air when i happen to get a bit of water in my
    > mouth or what?
    >
    > anyone else have a similar problem?...anyone have any ideas on how to prevent the problem or
    > aleviate the discomfort after the swim? i have
    tried
    > eating a Gas X tablet after the swim and that tends to move gas out of system FAST but not in the
    > most pleasantly smelling fashion.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > joel

3. Try eating differently before your swim - try more, try less, try different.

-S-

sarah and joel wrote:
    >
    > sometimes after my longer swims +2.5km, I can get very painful gas and bloating for about
    > 30min-1hour after. I don't know if i am swallowing air when i happen to get a bit of water in my
    > mouth or what?
    >
    > anyone else have a similar problem?...anyone have any ideas on how to prevent the problem or
    > aleviate the discomfort after the swim? i have tried eating a Gas X tablet after the swim and that
    > tends to move gas out of system FAST but not in the most pleasantly smelling fashion.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > joel

4. Topdog

Topdog Guest

news:<[email protected]>...
    > mouth or what?
    >
    > aleviate the discomfort after the swim? i have tried eating a Gas X tablet after the swim and that
    > tends to move gas out of system FAST but not in the most pleasantly smelling fashion.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > joel

How soon are you swimming after eating? In college, I had a lot of gastro-intestinal discomfort
    during workouts. I had to eat lunch at least 3 hours before afternoon workouts (especially during
    intense or heavy distance days) if I was to feel OK. I don't know if this is quite the same problem,
    but it's a thought.

5. Bill Wallace

Bill Wallace Guest

behind the seat on your bike. Turbo!

That will teach them to draft.

BW

news:<[email protected]>...
    > mouth or what?
    >
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > joel