swimming pains

Sarah And Joel

Guest
sometimes after my longer swims +2.5km, I can get very painful gas and bloating for about
30min-1hour after. I don't know if i am swallowing air when i happen to get a bit of water in my
mouth or what?

anyone else have a similar problem?...anyone have any ideas on how to prevent the problem or
aleviate the discomfort after the swim? i have tried eating a Gas X tablet after the swim and that
tends to move gas out of system FAST but not in the most pleasantly smelling fashion.

thanks,

joel

Gas? In the triathlon world that's known as a big healthy fart. Just let the big dog blow and don't
worry a damn what anyone else thinks.

"sarah and joel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> sometimes after my longer swims +2.5km, I can get very painful gas and bloating for about
> 30min-1hour after. I don't know if i am swallowing air when i happen to get a bit of water in my
> mouth or what?
>
> anyone else have a similar problem?...anyone have any ideas on how to prevent the problem or
> aleviate the discomfort after the swim? i have
tried
> eating a Gas X tablet after the swim and that tends to move gas out of system FAST but not in the
> most pleasantly smelling fashion.
>
> thanks,
>
> joel

Try eating differently before your swim - try more, try less, try different.

-S-

sarah and joel wrote:

> sometimes after my longer swims +2.5km, I can get very painful gas and bloating for about
> 30min-1hour after. I don't know if i am swallowing air when i happen to get a bit of water in my
> mouth or what?
>
> anyone else have a similar problem?...anyone have any ideas on how to prevent the problem or
> aleviate the discomfort after the swim? i have tried eating a Gas X tablet after the swim and that
> tends to move gas out of system FAST but not in the most pleasantly smelling fashion.
>
> thanks,
>
> joel

"sarah and joel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> sometimes after my longer swims +2.5km, I can get very painful gas and bloating for about
> 30min-1hour after. I don't know if i am swallowing air when i happen to get a bit of water in my
> mouth or what?
>
> anyone else have a similar problem?...anyone have any ideas on how to prevent the problem or
> aleviate the discomfort after the swim? i have tried eating a Gas X tablet after the swim and that
> tends to move gas out of system FAST but not in the most pleasantly smelling fashion.
>
> thanks,
>
> joel

How soon are you swimming after eating? In college, I had a lot of gastro-intestinal discomfort
during workouts. I had to eat lunch at least 3 hours before afternoon workouts (especially during
intense or heavy distance days) if I was to feel OK. I don't know if this is quite the same problem,
but it's a thought.

behind the seat on your bike. Turbo!

That will teach them to draft.

BW