Swimming Videos back on-line!

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Donald Graft, Sep 14, 2003.

  1. Donald Graft

    Donald Graft Guest

    Perhaps you will be happy to know that my Swimming Videos collection is back on-line. It can be
    reached temporarily at:

    http://hb7.inmotionhosting.com/~bluema6/videos/videos.html

    My domain name is pending and I will announce the final URL when it is enabled.

    There is a new Barcelona 2003 section, which I am currently constructing.

    Enjoy!

    Don

    Tags:

  2. C Chua

    C Chua Guest

    On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 14:20:19 GMT, "Donald Graft" <[email protected]> wrote:

    GREAT!!! Just what I am looking for. Thanks.

    cchua

    >Perhaps you will be happy to know that my Swimming Videos collection is back on-line. It can be
    >reached temporarily at:
    >
    >http://hb7.inmotionhosting.com/~bluema6/videos/videos.html
    >
    >My domain name is pending and I will announce the final URL when it is enabled.
    >
    >There is a new Barcelona 2003 section, which I am currently constructing.
    >
    >Enjoy!
    >
    >Don

  3. Thanks so much It could be much helpful to me ^^

    "Donald Graft" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]...
    > Perhaps you will be happy to know that my Swimming Videos collection is back on-line. It can be
    > reached temporarily at:
    >
    > http://hb7.inmotionhosting.com/~bluema6/videos/videos.html
    >
    > My domain name is pending and I will announce the final URL when it is enabled.
    >
    > There is a new Barcelona 2003 section, which I am currently constructing.
    >
    > Enjoy!
    >
    > Don

  4. Pat

    Pat Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    > Perhaps you will be happy to know that my Swimming Videos collection is back on-line. It can be
    > reached temporarily at:
    >
    > http://hb7.inmotionhosting.com/~bluema6/videos/videos.html
    >
    > My domain name is pending and I will announce the final URL when it is enabled.
    >
    > There is a new Barcelona 2003 section, which I am currently constructing.
    >
    > Enjoy!
    >
    > Don

    Many thanks, Don. I am studying them and getting a lot out of it.

    Pat in TX

  5. 4precious

    4precious Guest

    "Donald Graft" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Perhaps you will be happy to know that my Swimming Videos collection is back on-line. It can be
    > reached temporarily at:
    >
    > http://hb7.inmotionhosting.com/~bluema6/videos/videos.html
    >
    > My domain name is pending and I will announce the final URL when it is enabled.
    >
    > There is a new Barcelona 2003 section, which I am currently constructing.
    >
    > Enjoy!
    >
    > Don

    Thanks so much Donald. If I had yet another precious son, I'd name him "the Don" in your honor.

    I love the videos of Hannah Stockbauer. She swims very much like some of the best masters swimmers
    in my club. Straight arm entry down to catch, and then flex at elbow for pullback. Two beat
    cross-over kick. I'm going to study her style at length.

    Any chance we can get video of the American phenom, Michael Phelps? He has a very unusual four beat
    freestyle kick. Or he used to anyways, I wonder if he still does.

    Thanks, Eric

  6. Curt

    Curt Guest

    Thank you very much. Those are great and very helpful.

    Curt

    "Donald Graft" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]...
    > Perhaps you will be happy to know that my Swimming Videos collection is back on-line. It can be
    > reached temporarily at:
    >
    > http://hb7.inmotionhosting.com/~bluema6/videos/videos.html
    >
    > My domain name is pending and I will announce the final URL when it is enabled.
    >
    > There is a new Barcelona 2003 section, which I am currently constructing.
    >
    > Enjoy!
    >
    > Don

  7. Donald Graft

    Donald Graft Guest

  8. Donald Graft

    Donald Graft Guest

    "4precious" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks so much Donald. If I had yet another precious son, I'd name him "the Don" in your honor.

    For me, it is enough that you find them useful.

    > I love the videos of Hannah Stockbauer. She swims very much like some of the best masters swimmers
    > in my club. Straight arm entry down to catch, and then flex at elbow for pullback. Two beat
    > cross-over kick. I'm going to study her style at length.
    >
    > Any chance we can get video of the American phenom, Michael Phelps?

    Of course! Be patient, though. I have a full-time job. I captured the first day and started
    converting; then I thought why not start with the last day and get all the finals first. Duh. So
    after this first day is done I'll go straight to the good stuff.

    > He has a very unusual four beat freestyle kick. Or he used to anyways, I wonder if he still does.

    Don

  9. Chris

    Chris Guest

  10. Donald Graft

    Donald Graft Guest

    > "Donald Graft" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > The URL for the videos site has now propagated to the DNS servers. It is:
    > >
    > > http://buehlerbluemarlins.net/videos/videos.html
    >
    > BTW, although the page says the clips must be downloaded before playing, on my system (Mac OS X
    > with Safari & Quicktime) they play immediately in streaming mode (except for the one AVI I tried).

    Perhaps, but I prefer people to download them in order not to make multiple hits on my bandwidth
    allocation if they are played multiple times at different times and are no longer in the cache. If I
    find a way to enforce it, I will. :)

    Don

  11. Mike Edey

    Mike Edey Guest

    Donald Graft wrote:
    > "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>"Donald Graft" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>>The URL for the videos site has now propagated to the DNS servers. It is:
    >>>
    >>>http://buehlerbluemarlins.net/videos/videos.html
    >>
    >>BTW, although the page says the clips must be downloaded before playing, on my system (Mac OS X
    >>with Safari & Quicktime) they play immediately in streaming mode (except for the one AVI I tried).
    >

    > Perhaps, but I prefer people to download them in order not to make multiple hits on my bandwidth
    > allocation if they are played multiple times at different times and are no longer in the cache. If
    > I find a way to enforce it, I will. :)
    >
    > Don

    find videos -iname "*avi*" -exec zip {};rm {}; \;

    ;)

    --Mike

  12. F.J.

    F.J. Guest

    The new Bacelona videos look really shape and thr file size seems to be smaller than older videos of
    comparable length. Did you use a different codec?

    P.S. Do you have Kitajima's breast stroke footage? I would love to examine his kick frame by frame
    to see how his kick has evolved from Sydney.

    "Donald Graft" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Donald Graft" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > The URL for the videos site has now propagated to the DNS servers. It is:
    > > >
    > > > http://buehlerbluemarlins.net/videos/videos.html
    > >
    > > BTW, although the page says the clips must be downloaded before playing, on my system (Mac OS X
    > > with Safari & Quicktime) they play immediately in streaming mode (except for the one AVI I
    > > tried).
    >
    > Perhaps, but I prefer people to download them in order not to make multiple hits on my bandwidth
    > allocation if they are played multiple times at different times and are no longer in the cache. If
    > I find a way to enforce it, I will. :)
    >
    > Don

  13. 4precious

    4precious Guest

    Mike Edey <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Donald Graft wrote:
    > > "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >>"Donald Graft" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > >>BTW, although the page says the clips must be downloaded before playing, on my system (Mac OS X
    > >>with Safari & Quicktime) they play immediately in streaming mode (except for the one AVI I
    > >>tried).
    > >

    > > Perhaps, but I prefer people to download them in order not to make multiple hits on my bandwidth
    > > allocation if they are played multiple times at different times and are no longer in the cache.
    > > If I find a way to enforce it, I will. :)
    > >
    > > Don
    > >

    > find videos -iname "*avi*" -exec zip {};rm {}; \;
    >
    > ;)
    >
    > --Mike

    Mike, you're a riot.

    Some of your prose is lengthy, and uses a vocabulary that I need a dictionary to sort out.

    But when you go into "computerize", it's the opposite.

    So the translation for the above is:

    If Donald uses Windows zip program, then no one can view them directly on their machines with a
    continuous feed from his website. They will therefore be forced to copy them to their own disks (the
    zipped files will be smaller than the original, which will help out Donald's bandwidth as well)

    Is that about right?

    Eric

    PS some of his files are MPEG, so I assume he'd need an *mpeg* wildcard as well as AVI.

  14. Edmund

    Edmund Guest

    Mike Edey <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Donald Graft wrote:
    > > "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >>"Donald Graft" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > >>BTW, although the page says the clips must be downloaded before playing, on my system (Mac OS X
    > >>with Safari & Quicktime) they play immediately in streaming mode (except for the one AVI I
    > >>tried).
    > >

    > > Perhaps, but I prefer people to download them in order not to make multiple hits on my bandwidth
    > > allocation if they are played multiple times at different times and are no longer in the cache.
    > > If I find a way to enforce it, I will. :)
    > >
    > > Don
    > >

    > find videos -iname "*avi*" -exec zip {};rm {}; \;
    >
    > ;)
    >
    > --Mike

    If you are using windows based machine, use winzip to zip the video files and then upload the zip
    files to your website and set the hyperlink to the zip file instead of the video files.

    -Edmund

  15. Donald Graft

    Donald Graft Guest

    "F.J." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The new Bacelona videos look really shape and thr file size seems to be smaller than older videos
    > of comparable length. Did you use a different codec?

    The first day was captured straight to disk so they will be a little sharper than the following
    days, which were taped. More significantly, I am using a new "smart bobbing" filter that I wrote. It
    retains more vertical resolution and so allows me to reduce the data rate.

    > P.S. Do you have Kitajima's breast stroke footage? I would love to examine his kick frame by
    > frame to see how his kick has evolved from Sydney.

    I have and will post all the Kitajima footage. There is one already uploaded, but there are better
    ones coming.

    Don

  16. Chris

    Chris Guest

    [email protected] (F.J.) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > P.S. Do you have Kitajima's breast stroke footage? I would love to examine his kick frame by
    > frame to see how his kick has evolved from Sydney.

    You might also want to read this article from Swimming Technique in which Kitajima and his coach
    discuss his stroke:

    http://www.swiminfo.com/articles/swimtechnique/articles/200307-01st_art.asp

    I went swimming at Kitajima's swimming center today, and Mizuno/Speedo has sent a _huge_
    seven-foot-high flower arrangement, dwarfing the one from his current sponsor, Descent/Arena. The
    bidding begins ....

  17. F.J.

    F.J. Guest

    I have read the Swimming Technique article about Kitajima's kick and it's emphasis of ankle snap.
    That's why I want to see his video in slow motion to see his ankle snap. What strikes me is not
    really his ankle snap but how flat he appears in the video. He looks really like Fiorovanti, not
    really a adherent of Mike Borrowmann's wavestyle. Don's new videos are great. I am waiting to see
    more. Thanks for the great comunity service :), Don.

    [email protected] (Chris) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (F.J.) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > P.S. Do you have Kitajima's breast stroke footage? I would love to examine his kick frame by
    > > frame to see how his kick has evolved from Sydney.
    >
    > You might also want to read this article from Swimming Technique in which Kitajima and his coach
    > discuss his stroke:
    >
    > http://www.swiminfo.com/articles/swimtechnique/articles/200307-01st_art.asp
    >
    > I went swimming at Kitajima's swimming center today, and Mizuno/Speedo has sent a _huge_
    > seven-foot-high flower arrangement, dwarfing the one from his current sponsor, Descent/Arena. The
    > bidding begins ....

  18. Donald Graft

    Donald Graft Guest

    Seven new videos have been added to the Barcelona section, including each leg of Michael Phelps' 400
    IM world record. The de Bruijn clip is low quality but you can still see some interesting points,
    including her straight arm recovery/entry, and her flexed wrists upon entry.

    Don

    "F.J." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have read the Swimming Technique article about Kitajima's kick and it's emphasis of ankle snap.
    > That's why I want to see his video in slow motion to see his ankle snap. What strikes me is not
    > really his ankle snap but how flat he appears in the video. He looks really like Fiorovanti, not
    > really a adherent of Mike Borrowmann's wavestyle. Don's new videos are great. I am waiting to see
    > more. Thanks for the great comunity service :), Don.

  19. Donald Graft

    Donald Graft Guest

    Forgot one point about Inky. Her head position is decidedly anti-TI.

    Don