a really neat vintage[so they say] Swiss Courier Bicycle on the front cover.Its ad is on page 27.
They claim the bikes they are selling are the real thing and that the bikes saw service 50 years
ago. Take a look at the pic of the bike on the front of the online catalog.$750.00 for the
bike---NOT---. Check it out at sovietski.com

Here is a direct link to the catalog page:

http://secure.sovietski.com/cgi-bin/Sovietski.storefront/3e608fb200058dfc9c4ec0a80a1206b3/Product/V-
iew/150476

Here is a similar bike:

http://www.kronancycle.com/

This one comes in colors, and the rims are painted the same color as the frame (cool).

John Riley

Bill B wrote:

> just got another wierd catalog in the mail today that I did not know existed. Anyway the catalog
> has a really neat vintage[so they say] Swiss Courier Bicycle on the front cover.Its ad is on page
> 27. They claim the bikes they are selling are the real thing and that the bikes saw service 50
> years ago. Take a look at the pic of the bike on the front of the online catalog.$750.00 for the
> bike---NOT---. Check it out at sovietski.com

"John Riley" skrev...
> Here is a similar bike:
>
> http://www.kronancycle.com/
>
> This one comes in colors, and the rims are painted the same color as the frame (cool).

Its a nice retrolooking citybike and I guess somewhat in fashion here atm. At least I see more and
more of them in Copenhagen.

Mikael

"Mikael Seierup" wrote...

> "John Riley" skrev...
> > Here is a similar bike:
> >
> > http://www.kronancycle.com/
> >
> > This one comes in colors, and the rims are painted the same color as the frame (cool).
>
> Its a nice retrolooking citybike and I guess somewhat in fashion here atm. At least I see more and
> more of them in Copenhagen.
>
> Mikael

I didn't know about the Kronan until reading these posts this morning. By coincidence, when I parked
my BikeE and Bicycle-r-Evolution trailer [obligatory 'bent content] at our city library (Corvallis,
Oregon) today there was a Kronan in the rack: a black 3-speed model complete with cast Kronan
"license plate". It sure looked sturdy! It reminded me of the Rudge 3-speed I rode for many years
beginning in the 50's. IMHO the Kronan would be an even better citybike with a fully-enclosed chain.
Practical bikes, 'bent or upright, are cool.