SWITCHING 2 BMX PEDALS

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by macrophage, Jan 25, 2003.

  1. macrophage

    macrophage Guest

    DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think? Sergei Popovsky Burbank

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    > clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    > shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think? Sergei Popovsky Burbank

    I think you're a wuss.
    --
    Slacker

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    > clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    > shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think?

    I think you'll be hearing from The Moderator.

    Bill "rhinestone studs are nice" S.

  4. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    > clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    > shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think?

    I wish you many happy months of shredded shins. When you look down at your leg and see your skin
    torn to bloody ribbons, I hope that you think of me.
    =) Oh, and when people ask about the scars, may it be a reminder to you
    that I said:

    DON'T DO IT, MAN!

    -John Morgan
    --
    To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

  5. D_d

    D_d Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    > clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    > shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think? Sergei Popovsky Burbank

    Don't use your best shoes as the pins will wear through the sole. If they have removable pins use
    some sort of thread lock as they have a tendancy to fall out.

    You might have a bit of trouble if you haven't used flats in a while, just like with spd practice a
    bit before you leave for that long ride.

    --
    D_D

  6. R.White

    R.White Guest

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    > > clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    > > shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think?
    >
    > I wish you many happy months of shredded shins. When you look down at your leg and see your skin
    > torn to bloody ribbons, I hope that you think of me.
    > =) Oh, and when people ask about the scars, may it be a reminder to you
    > that I said:
    >
    > DON'T DO IT, MAN!

    What a crock of crap.

  7. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | > DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    | > clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    | > shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think?
    |
    | I wish you many happy months of shredded shins. When you look down at
    your
    | leg and see your skin torn to bloody ribbons, I hope that you think of me.
    | =) Oh, and when people ask about the scars, may it be a reminder to you
    | that I said:
    |
    | DON'T DO IT, MAN!
    |
    | -John Morgan
    | --
    | To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

    On the flip side to John: GO FOR IT.

    But keep the spuds for when you may really need them. I found it encourages people to learn how to
    pedal properly rather than relying on the fact that they are clipped in. It also allows you to learn
    the correct way of "bunny hopping". This way when /if you ever go back to clips you will notice a
    huge improvement.

    This is all in my opinion so others feel free to give your own opinions.

    Simon :eek:)

  8. Baxter

    Baxter Guest

    > DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    > clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    > shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think? Sergei Popovsky Burbank

    I think you're a weak, small minded individual. Never buy items because you've "been seein' this
    more and more." Bike shoes are high style'in wherever you go. Never forget that. If people laugh,
    it's a sign of their ignorance to the superiority of carbon fiber as material for a shoe's sole. let
    them laugh, you're laughing at them inside!

  9. > DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    > clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    > shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think? Sergei Popovsky

    Sergei, If you want flats, get flats. If you ask for opinions, you're going to get them ;-)
    Personally, I've been using the caged flats that came on the bike for 2 years now, and am extremely
    happy with them. I'll change some day, I'm sure, but since I don't know what I'm missing it doesn't
    matter. Steve

  10. Bloocow

    Bloocow Guest

    > DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    > clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    > shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think? Sergei Popovsky Burbank

    I think you should send me your clipless pedals and shoes.

    bloocow.

  11. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    > clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    > shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think? Sergei Popovsky Burbank

    Truly, wisdom has found you.

    Shaun aRe

  13. Mrbusdriver

    Mrbusdriver Guest

    I got studded BMX pedals, thay work just dandie. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    > clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    > shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think? Sergei Popovsky Burbank

  14. David

    David Guest

    > DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    > clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    > shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think?

    BMX pedals are bad, since they have a different diameter threaded shaft, and won't fit your MTB
    crank. Flats are fine though. These Rock:

    <http://www.cambriabike.com/pedals/brooklyn_shim_tenderizer_dh_pedal.htm>

    Oh, and shin-pads are for wusses.

  15. "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    | <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | > DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    | > clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    | > shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think?
    |
    | BMX pedals are bad, since they have a different diameter threaded shaft,
    and won't
    | fit your MTB crank

    Huh?

    ---
    Nelson Binch http://intergalax.com Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

  16. David

    David Guest

    "Ground Control©" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > |
    > | <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > | > DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless
    > | > (and clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those
    > | > ugly-ass shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think?
    > |
    > | BMX pedals are bad, since they have a different diameter threaded shaft,
    > and won't
    > | fit your MTB crank
    >
    > Huh?

    1/2" vs. 9/16"

  17. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  18. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    David wrote:

    >>DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    >>clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    >>shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think?
    >

    > BMX pedals are bad, since they have a different diameter threaded shaft, and won't fit your
    > MTB crank.

    If you don't know what you're talking about, keep schtum. Posting false information is worse than
    posting none at all.

  19. Simon

    Simon Guest

    | David wrote:
    |
    | >>DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    | >>clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    | >>shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think?
    | >

    | > BMX pedals are bad, since they have a different diameter threaded shaft,
    and won't
    | > fit your MTB crank.
    |
    | If you don't know what you're talking about, keep schtum. Posting false information is worse than
    | posting none at all.
    |
    | --
    | a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
    |
    | a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

    Agreed, I run bmx pedals. In fact was one of my first ever posts!

    Mind you I also run profile bmx cranks and have a bmx bottom bracket :eek:)

    Simon.......Yet to buy a bmx, but I will!

  20. David

    David Guest

    "bomba" <myarse247[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > David wrote:
    >
    > >>DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
    > >>clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
    > >>shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think?
    > >

    > > BMX pedals are bad, since they have a different diameter threaded shaft, and won't fit your MTB
    > > crank.
    >
    > If you don't know what you're talking about, keep schtum.

    Whatever. Excuse me for not saying "Many BMX pedals..." Anyway if you purchase "BMX pedals" you
    could get ones that don't fit. If you buy "flats" or DH pedals" they're gonna work.

    > Posting false information is worse than posting none at all.

    My post was certainly dangerous, alerting him to a potential incompatibility. Thanks for protecting
    usenet from me.