Switching out the ballistic fork on a Vision R-55

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Dave Jones, May 17, 2003.

  1. Dave Jones

    Dave Jones Guest

    I am giving some thought to switching out the ballistic fork on my Vision R-55 and I would like to
    hear from someone that has done it. I've got over 4000 miles on the Vision, what is the life
    expectancy of a Ballistic elastomer? If you have replaced the fork, what did you replace it with? I
    really love my Magura hydralic brakes and I want to keep them; possible or not? TIA, dj.

    Tags:

  2. M..Leuck

    M..Leuck Guest

    "Dave Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am giving some thought to switching out the ballistic fork on my Vision R-55 and I would like to
    > hear from someone that has done it. I've got over 4000 miles on the Vision, what is the life
    > expectancy of a Ballistic elastomer? If you have replaced the fork, what did you replace it with?
    > I really love my Magura hydralic brakes and I want to keep them; possible or not? TIA, dj.

    If it were me I'd leave it on, I'd hate to ride without mine

  3. Jeff Baron

    Jeff Baron Guest

    i have about 12,000 miles on my vivo, with its original ballistic fork. still works fine.

    jeff baron

    Dave Jones wrote:

    > I am giving some thought to switching out the ballistic fork on my Vision R-55 and I would like to
    > hear from someone that has done it. I've got over 4000 miles on the Vision, what is the life
    > expectancy of a Ballistic elastomer? If you have replaced the fork, what did you replace it with?
    > I really love my Magura hydralic brakes and I want to keep them; possible or not? TIA, dj.

  4. Dave Jones

    Dave Jones Guest

    "m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<ZMFxa.638503> If it were me I'd leave it on,
    I'd hate to ride without mine

    I am not totally committed to swapping--just thinking out loud--if there is a "down side" to
    bicycling it is the extra time spent thinking about such things or just free associating. Some of
    the folks that I have heard from reassure me of the life expectancy of the fork and elastomers. I
    just like tinkering with the thing. What is it in humans that makes us believe that we can always
    improve the design of a thing by tinkering with it? Thanks for the reply. dj