Switching out the ballistic fork on a Vision R-55

Dave Jones

Guest
I am giving some thought to switching out the ballistic fork on my Vision R-55 and I would like to
hear from someone that has done it. I've got over 4000 miles on the Vision, what is the life
expectancy of a Ballistic elastomer? If you have replaced the fork, what did you replace it with? I
really love my Magura hydralic brakes and I want to keep them; possible or not? TIA, dj.

"Dave Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I am giving some thought to switching out the ballistic fork on my Vision R-55 and I would like to
> hear from someone that has done it. I've got over 4000 miles on the Vision, what is the life
> expectancy of a Ballistic elastomer? If you have replaced the fork, what did you replace it with?
> I really love my Magura hydralic brakes and I want to keep them; possible or not? TIA, dj.

If it were me I'd leave it on, I'd hate to ride without mine

i have about 12,000 miles on my vivo, with its original ballistic fork. still works fine.

jeff baron

Dave Jones wrote:

> I am giving some thought to switching out the ballistic fork on my Vision R-55 and I would like to
> hear from someone that has done it. I've got over 4000 miles on the Vision, what is the life
> expectancy of a Ballistic elastomer? If you have replaced the fork, what did you replace it with?
> I really love my Magura hydralic brakes and I want to keep them; possible or not? TIA, dj.

"m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<ZMFxa.638503> If it were me I'd leave it on,
I'd hate to ride without mine

I am not totally committed to swapping--just thinking out loud--if there is a "down side" to
bicycling it is the extra time spent thinking about such things or just free associating. Some of
the folks that I have heard from reassure me of the life expectancy of the fork and elastomers. I
just like tinkering with the thing. What is it in humans that makes us believe that we can always
improve the design of a thing by tinkering with it? Thanks for the reply. dj