Swtichblade problem

Per LöWdin

Guest
I am having problems with my Titus, Switchblade, rear suspension. The "eyelet" bushing on the Fox
Float shock keeps very out rapidly. After only a few weeks since the last change there is a slight
play that does not yet affect handling but will develope into a large play that should not be there
in another couple of weeks. Should it be necessary to change these eyelets every few weeks?

Would be grateful for any advice. Would rather not send the bike to AZ as I live and use it
in Sweden.

Per

http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html

I've seen the same problem on my Tracer. Fox makes the bushings out of aluminum, so I don't think
there is a good solution. Just pay the $20 for new bushings every few months or so, more frequently
if its wet out. The play does not seem to effect handling, but its annoying. I just ordered a
Manitou QL rear shock to see if it does any better.

"kayak777" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet news:[email protected]...
> I've seen the same problem on my Tracer. Fox makes the bushings out of
aluminum,
> so I don't think there is a good solution. Just pay the $20 for new
bushings
> every few months or so, more frequently if its wet out. The play does not
seem
> to effect handling, but its annoying. I just ordered a Manitou QL rear
shock to
> see if it does any better.

- Hmm, wonder if they would go well with Switchblade. I am on my fourth "eyelet" bushing on the
lower shock pivot and the last one has just done two weeks, with a couple of epic rides (but no
abuse), and my patience is getting exhausted. Titus says there is a new part that is retrofitable
but so far it does not seem to be available.

It is fine with me if the bushings last half a season, to be changed like the chain or break pads,
but 2 weeks is unacceptable.

Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html

Hi

Just my two pence worth but how about contacting goldtech (http://www.betd.co.uk) in the uk as they
are renound for making better stronger dropouts and hangers than the original manu's (this isn't a
titus problem though)

I can put you intouch with the UK (Europe) Titus dealer as I ride titus uk ........... how do you
find the new switchblade to ride as I have a 2002 one

Cheers

Chris

http://www.mtbbikes.co.uk

> Just my two pence worth but how about contacting goldtech (http://www.betd.co.uk) in the uk as
> they are renound for making better stronger dropouts and hangers than the original manu's (this
> isn't a titus problem though)

Thanks, I ´ll check out their website.

> I can put you intouch with the UK (Europe) Titus dealer as I ride titus uk ........... how do you
> find the new switchblade to ride as I have a 2002
one

I am riding a 2002 one too. It is splendid, handles wonderfully, nimble, perfect trailbike, only
problem is this eyelet that keeps wearing out.

Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html

> I am riding a 2002 one too. It is splendid, handles wonderfully, nimble

Oh sorry I thought somewhere that I had picked up that yours was fitted with a Talus which would
have made it 2003, As I said mine is 2002 but mine is set to long (6 inch) travel (differant
plates and shock is the other way round) but I have had no problems with mine at all. the rear has
no play in at all. My bike has been round the magazines (sorry but I like to boast about it's
review in MBUK) used every week since about november and did a weeks riding in america in october
and there is no play at all in the bushings .... but the stickers are comin off, to which Titus uk
gave me a new set

Cheers

Chris

"Chris Garwood" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
news:[email protected]...

> > I am riding a 2002 one too. It is splendid, handles wonderfully, nimble
>
> Oh sorry I thought somewhere that I had picked up that yours was fitted
with
> a Talus which would have made it 2003, As I said mine is 2002 but mine is set to long (6 inch)
> travel (differant plates and shock is the other way round) but I have had no problems with mine at
> all. the rear has no play
in
> at all. My bike has been round the magazines (sorry but I like to boast about it's review in
> MBUK) used every week since about november and did a weeks riding in america in october and there
> is no play at all in the bushings .... but the stickers are comin off, to which Titus uk gave me
> a new set

Mine has done about 4000 km, singletrack, got it in late March last year. Well, it has been
excellent, except for that that eyelet keeps wearing out. I replaced it three times now. As soon as
it is replaced it is as firm as ever.

Are you happy with the long travel version? Do you also have long travel fork? Mine is a 100 mm
Marathon. Figure I would have to change fork if I changed the rocker and shock.

Chers Per

Per

I have a FOX VANILLA 125RLC on the front of mine and I am well happy with the long travel version
of the frame, I did fit a Fox remote lockout on it but the shock being the other way round caused
it to be ripped off so now have a modified version (will have pics off it on my web site before the
end of the week)

Cheers

Chris

http://www.mtbbikes.co.uk