SYD: Cross City Tunnel protest planned

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Peter McCallum, Apr 6, 2006.

  1. http://tinyurl.com/pv866

    Cross City Tunnel protest planned

    Protesters opposing Sydney's obession with the car will hold a rally
    near the troubled Cross City Tunnel tomorrow.
    Members of the Reclaim The Streets protest party say they'll meet at the
    tunnel's Darling Harbour ventilation stack tomorrow afternoon.
    The group says more bicycle infrastructure and public transport are the
    answers to Sydney's transport woes not more roads.
    Greens MP Lee Rhiannon says the rally is a demonstration against the
    government's addiction to motorways and its ongoing neglect of public
    transport.
    AAP

    --
    Peter McCallum
    Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

    Tags:

  2. In aus.bicycle on Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:33:08 +1000
    Peter McCallum <[email protected]> wrote:
    > http://tinyurl.com/pv866

    This listing (#2860994435) has been removed or is no longer
    available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

    If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note:
    Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear
    on eBay.

  3. Zebee Johnstone <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In aus.bicycle on Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:33:08 +1000
    > Peter McCallum <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > http://tinyurl.com/pv866

    > This listing (#2860994435) has been removed or is no longer
    > available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
    >
    > If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note:
    > Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear
    > on eBay.

    Not what appears in my browser

    Peter McCallum
    Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

  4. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-04-07, Zebee Johnstone (aka Bruce)
    > In aus.bicycle on Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:33:08 +1000
    > Peter McCallum <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> http://tinyurl.com/pv866

    > This listing (#2860994435) has been removed or is no longer
    > available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

    Seems you cut off the trailing 6.

    --
    TimC
    -- Ferenc Mantfeld

  5. In aus.bicycle on Sat, 08 Apr 2006 05:03:36 GMT
    TimC <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On 2006-04-07, Zebee Johnstone (aka Bruce)
    >> In aus.bicycle on Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:33:08 +1000
    >> Peter McCallum <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/pv866

    >> This listing (#2860994435) has been removed or is no longer
    >> available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

    > Seems you cut off the trailing 6.

    Oh good.

    After Peter's thing that the URL was OK I was beginning to distrust my
    browser which has been poppimg up the wrong gmail post now and then.

    If it's just my usual mouse skills, then not a problem!

    Zebee

  6. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    From Sydney IM: Reclaim The Streets - Cross City Tunnel
    http://sydney.indymedia.org/node/36121

    Protesters block entrance to Cross City Tunnel
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200604/s1611806.htm

    Protesters blocked access to an entrance of Sydney's Cross City Tunnel for a short time this afternoon.

    A group of about 100 people, angered by a series of road closures imposed when the tunnel opened last year, marched to the western entrance of the tunnel.

    After disrupting traffic for a short period the group then moved on.

    Protest organiser Tim Windsor says today's action stems from frustration in dealing with the New South Wales Government:

    "Political manoeuvrings haven't worked, talking to the government about our concerns hasn't worked," he said.

    "So I think at some point people just have to do something creative and get on the streets and do something that actually shuts down an element of the Cross City Tunnel."