?Sydney aggro drivers / Latest RIDE magazine

Bigbananabike

Dec 29, 2004
Hey there.
Glancing through the latest RIDE mag I see they have a feature on the Sydney road scene and talk about an incident where a rider was killed(?):(

They also talk about the negative attitude drivers have towords roadies especially:eek:

Is this atypical for Aus or for Sydney?
Are cyclists in Sydney doing anything to put themselves in a better light?

Bigbananabike said:
Are cyclists in Sydney doing anything to put themselves in a better light?
Er
its the drivers that need to put themelves in a better light
ney of Syd drivers are idiots!!!!

like I said on your other thread: anywhere but Sydney :)

Actually, Melbourne's probably the 2nd worst (as far as I know), but there are plenty of spots, even relatively close to the city, where we can escape the hillbillies

Sydney's an acquired taste. I wouldn't dream of living anywhere else in Australia, but I also wouldn't dream of coaxing the uninitiated here on false pretences.

artemidorus said:
Sydney's an acquired taste. I wouldn't dream of living anywhere else in Australia, but I also wouldn't dream of coaxing the uninitiated here on false pretences.
Yeahhhhh the Germuns are into **** and **** as well.

Albert 50 said:
How to win friends & influence people.....you nutta :D
Yep. Zero internet friends for me. To go with my zero friends in real life. I'm consistent.

There is a lot of driver hostility in Sydney, but its not just directed at cyclists, its directed at everyone.

Truth is that 99% of drivers are careful and considerate, but 1% is a hell of a lot of **** heads.

mikesbytes said:
There is a lot of driver hostility in Sydney, but its not just directed at cyclists, its directed at everyone.

Truth is that 99% of drivers are careful and considerate, but 1% is a hell of a lot of **** heads.

Very true... I'd venture to say that the **** head quotient is higher in cyclists. Cycling in Sydney is a dream compared to cycling in Fiji... and the only problem I had cycling in Melbourne was a altercation with a tram line.